The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
About to go from Cubase 10, back to Cubase 5 again
Old 3 weeks ago
About to go from Cubase 10, back to Cubase 5 again

Might be a moan zone thread here.

So I got Cubase 10 not long ago, nice stretch feature for vocals etc but, a few plugins are not showing up, sometimes it freezes on certain plugins etc, I think I'm going back to cubase 5 as it's been reliable to me for 10 years. Has this happened to you with software's?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohead View Post

So I got Cubase 10 not long ago, nice stretch feature for vocals etc but, a few plugins are not showing up, sometimes it freezes on certain plugins etc, I think I'm going back to cubase 5 as it's been reliable to me for 10 years. Has this happened to you with software's?
Cubase dropped support for 32 bit plugins at v9 - are your missing favs 32 bit? Try downloading and running V8.5, I believe newer licenses give you access to all older versions.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Huh?

Cubase 10 pro is about 100x more reliable, stable, powerful, feature rich, enhanced work flow and just plain better looking than Cubase 5.

I've used all the versions since Cubase 4 and 10 just knocks it out of the park it is stunning professional software!

Sounds like you have a few plugins that need updating/replacing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Maybe you shouldn't use it on a 10 year old machine...Cubase 10 is running on my Mac more performant and stable than most other DAWs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend View Post
Cubase dropped support for 32 bit plugins at v9 - are your missing favs 32 bit? Try downloading and running V8.5, I believe newer licenses give you access to all older versions.
Yeah, I bought the URS plugin yesterday, doesnt show up which is too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Huh?

Cubase 10 pro is about 100x more reliable, stable, powerful, feature rich, enhanced work flow and just plain better looking than Cubase 5.

I've used all the versions since Cubase 4 and 10 just knocks it out of the park it is stunning professional software!

Sounds like you have a few plugins that need updating/replacing.
I'll have to go through everything, probably upgrade Antares autotune to the newest one. Melodyne isnt showing up and so I'll have to get the 64 bit version. I'll check into changing the color too, it's too... black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.lindqvist View Post
Maybe you shouldn't use it on a 10 year old machine...Cubase 10 is running on my Mac more performant and stable than most other DAWs.
I'm running it on a 4 year old machine right now, and its decent, an i7 w. 32 gigs ddr2 or ddr3 I believe. I'm planning on buying a new computer soon, but recently my DA died and i bought the Weiss DAC which wasnt cheap.

Autotune 8 is freezing it, I'll just get the newer one see if it's better. it was jamming my PC for 3 minutes, glad I was able to export all the vocals.

Anyway small rant, I just like when stuff works, when I install new softwares sometimes, you need to tinker with a few things which pisses me off, I just want to get to the creation process.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yeah, I bought the URS plugin yesterday, doesnt show up which is too bad.

Did you install it in a directory known to Cubase? If not you have to add it in plugin manager.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Did you install it in a directory known to Cubase? If not you have to add it in plugin manager.
URS strip is 32 bits only. I'll have to go in the plugin manager and add a few paths, I dont even see the Acon restoration either. At least i have Rx6. I guess if it isnt broken dont fix it lol.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
URS strip is 32 bits only. I'll have to go in the plugin manager and add a few paths, I dont even see the Acon restoration either. At least i have Rx6. I guess if it isnt broken dont fix it lol.
Okay, so there's your problem Cubase 9 onwards doesn't support 32 bit.

8.5 is still a huge upgrade from V5, over that journey Cubase has grown features such as MIDI Note expression, Harmony Generation, Instrument tracks, hitpoint detection, Track versions, Retrologue 2, Render in place, VCA faders, Chordpads, Grooveagent SE, virtual bass amp (superb!), Quadrafuzz 2, envelope shaper, multiband expander - the list goes on - well worth running 8.5 over 5.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Okay, so there's your problem Cubase 9 onwards doesn't support 32 bit.

8.5 is still a huge upgrade from V5, over that journey Cubase has grown features such as MIDI Note expression, Harmony Generation, Instrument tracks, hitpoint detection, Track versions, Retrologue 2, Render in place, VCA faders, Chordpads, Grooveagent SE, virtual bass amp (superb!), Quadrafuzz 2, envelope shaper, multiband expander - the list goes on - well worth running 8.5 over 5.

At least I'll use the URS in FL Studio. I surprisingly edit all my vocals in FL Studio. Probably rare these days. I was checking the pensado place where Louis Bell said he used the URS strip still on vocals(I used to use it a long time ago) and so I bought it. When it comes to vocal compression, more is better in my books lol.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
At least I'll use the URS in FL Studio. I surprisingly edit all my vocals in FL Studio. Probably rare these days. I was checking the pensado place where Louis Bell said he used the URS strip still on vocals(I used to use it a long time ago) and so I bought it. When it comes to vocal compression, more is better in my books lol.
Variaudio 3 in Cubase 10 is brilliant though - particularly in advanced toolset mode - can't remember the last time I opened Melodyne.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

try deleting all the preferences. I had many issues with steinberg support telling me certain things are just changed in cubase 10. when in fact they wernt working properly because of preferences errors
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hello,

Quote:
The leap from 5 to 10 is huge, you might feel lost at the beginning specially with the new Mixconsole. You can change the color scheme in Cubase to a lighter blue which will help you transition. With VariAudio 3 (as mentioned) you will not miss Autotune. You can start by installing the 64 bit version of your plug-ins and if they do not have one, you could use J-bridge (this only works if you are using a PC) while you transition to a full 64bit environment.

Also, with the Cubase 10 license you can install and run any previous versions.
Yes, starting with fresh preferences is also a good idea.

Best regards,
GN
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Variaudio 3 in Cubase 10 is brilliant though - particularly in advanced toolset mode - can't remember the last time I opened Melodyne.
Yeah I've been using it for my new song, it's been helping a lot.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.lindqvist View Post
Are you implying that latest Cubase will not run flawlessly on older hardware, such as 2nd or 3rd generation Intel I5 Cpus and corresponding mainboards?

I mean, good for you that you can afford the latest Mac, but I expect Cubase to run flawlessly on any system that meets the minimum requirements explicitly stated by Steinberg. Am I wrong to make that logical assumption?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search