The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
cubase 10 - can i get a 32 bit plug working ? frustrated
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Addict
 
ajscent's Avatar
 

cubase 10 - can i get a 32 bit plug working ? frustrated

hi all

am i going to be able to get my relab lx480 which is 32 bit going within cubase - i cant find it in there - ive been using it with 32 lives with logic x - i guess this is not going to work ? any thoughts or advice to tell me its not happening then thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
hi all

am i going to be able to get my relab lx480 which is 32 bit going within cubase - i cant find it in there - ive been using it with 32 lives with logic x - i guess this is not going to work ? any thoughts or advice to tell me its not happening then thanks
They don't have a 64 bit version?
C10 doesn't work with 32 bit. Steinberg dropped 32 bit support long ago.
However I'm guessing should be able to bridge it with jBridge.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3
Gear Addict
 
ajscent's Avatar
 

ah ok thanks for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
They don't have a 64 bit version?
C10 doesn't work with 32 bit. Steinberg dropped 32 bit support long ago.
However I'm guessing should be able to bridge it with jBridge.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4
Gear Maniac
 

yes.jbridge works for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #5
Gear Head
 
snoskit's Avatar
 

There's a 64bit version now too
Old 4 weeks ago
  #6
Gear Addict
There is a way without jbridge by dragging the old 32 bit support components from your Cubase V9 install into the V10 folder - but why would you want to? For me, dropping 32 bit support has improved the reliability and stability of Cubase markedly. Is any 32 bit plugin worth going back to crashes and lost sessions? No way! 64 bit all the way for me now.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend View Post
There is a way without jbridge by dragging the old 32 bit support components from your Cubase V9 install into the V10 folder - but why would you want to? For me, dropping 32 bit support has improved the reliability and stability of Cubase markedly. Is any 32 bit plugin worth going back to crashes and lost sessions? No way! 64 bit all the way for me now.
I’ve got 3 reasons to use 32 bit, and they’re all TC Powercore - Access Virus multi, harmony 4 and nonlin2.

Actually Steinberg did me a favour dropping 32 bit support because it forced me to evaluate any 32 bit only plugs I needed, and JBridge has proved to be way more stable here than Cubase 32 bit support under 64 ever was.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump