The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sorry to everyone in the Nuendo/Cubase sub forum
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Addict
 

Sorry to everyone in the Nuendo/Cubase sub forum

I expressed my genuine frustration the only way that my personality allows me to after a decade of unsolved bugs and no communication from Steinberg resulted in my communication

It is unbelievably pathetic how buggy and difficult it is to write and execute Macros


It's unfortunate for them, because it is, fundamentally one of the most important and useful parts of the software for any serious user who wants to maximize ultimate creative efficiency.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainCheck123 View Post
I expressed my genuine frustration the only way that my personality allows me to after a decade of unsolved bugs and no communication from Steinberg resulted in my communication

It is unbelievably pathetic how buggy and difficult it is to write and execute Macros


It's unfortunate for them, because it is, fundamentally one of the most important and useful parts of the software for any serious user who wants to maximize ultimate creative efficiency.
Regarding Macros, which I agree and those issues have been confirmed, I suggest you simply be patient a couple months. I can't elaborate.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #3
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Regarding Macros, which I agree and those issues have been confirmed, I suggest you simply be patient a couple months. I can't elaborate.
alright sorry sorry, I just hit rock bottom with them yesterday, it was intense.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4
Gear Nut
 

Revolutions were always driven by angry people
Old 4 weeks ago
  #5
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevsmike View Post
Revolutions were always driven by angry people
Thank you, you understand my passion.......
Old 4 weeks ago
  #6
Gear Nut
 
cubic13's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Regarding Macros, which I agree and those issues have been confirmed, I suggest you simply be patient a couple months. I can't elaborate.
Interesting... Few months lead us to more or less something like december, which is the expected 10.5 release date. So, even without elaborating and as we know that you are well informed, can we expect something about macros improvements with it ?

Just asking, because I'm indeed concerned about the way macros are managed in Cubase (at its 10.0.40 state) : needs a serious overhaul, IMO, as well as the buggy Generic Remote implementation (NRPN, anyone ?)...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #7
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
Interesting... Few months lead us to more or less something like december, which is the expected 10.5 release date. So, even without elaborating and as we know that you are well informed, can we expect something about macros improvements with it ?

Just asking, because I'm indeed concerned about the way macros are managed in Cubase (at its 10.0.40 state) : needs a serious overhaul, IMO, as well as the buggy Generic Remote implementation (NRPN, anyone ?)...
Hopefully the Project Logical Editor as well, however, I will be happy if Macro development is improved.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #8
Yeah, the macro editor is buggy.

For long, complex macros I use an xml- or texteditor and tweak manually. Just need to remember saving copies and navigate the fact that Cubase seems to write to that file when closing. As far as I remember the file is called KeyCommands.xml.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #9
Lives for gear
Steinberg do really need to get control of their bugs. Most developers uses some kind of bug tracker. Like bugzilla for many open source project or other from Atlassian, IBM, Salesforce etc. Im sure Steinberg/Yamaha do too. However they do not let customers have access to it. Not even though the cases you put on their Support. They are very secretive about it. For sure Steinberg can not have a bug tracker where customers can write or create issues. On their forum it seems like they only accept bugs where they do already have fixes ready. They have keep their mind set from the days when it started in a other millennium. I think their business is good so I don't think they will change.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #10
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevsmike View Post
Revolutions were always driven by angry people
Why is it, everyone who wants a "revolution" always imagines everyone else wants a "revolution"?

All angry people do is give me a headache!

There must be a song in there somewhere ....

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know - I don't


Nope just doesn't work does it
Old 3 weeks ago
  #11
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Why is it, everyone who wants a "revolution" always imagines everyone else wants a "revolution"?

All angry people do is give me a headache!

There must be a song in there somewhere ....

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know - I don't


Nope just doesn't work does it
We're not talking about leftists here
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Why is it, everyone who wants a "revolution" always imagines everyone else wants a "revolution"?

All angry people do is give me a headache!

There must be a song in there somewhere ....

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know - I don't


Nope just doesn't work does it
hahahah!... That's pretty funny! Guess Lennon's lyrics might work better musically...

And +1 on everything else... Angry is so fetch tho...
Old 3 weeks ago
  #13
Gear Addict
 

Anger is an asset, if it's justified.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #14
Gear Maniac
 

I thought anger was an alergy
Old 3 weeks ago
  #15
Lives for gear
People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.
Stephen Hawking
Old 3 weeks ago
  #16
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
People won't have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.
Stephen Hawking
Insecure personalities use memes


Anger means you have drive and won't let idiocy slow you down, so they better jump out da way.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #17
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
can we expect something about macros improvements with it ?
Sorry, NDA, can't say much more than what was said above.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #18
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Sorry, NDA, can't say much more than what was said above.
What about PLE area? or
Old 3 weeks ago
  #19
Gear Guru
 

It's a bit curious that the OP starts the thread title with "sorry", yet not a single shred of evidence tells me that's a genuine sentiment, and instead we get justifications for being angry.

Something pretty disingenuous about it all in my opinion. And I don't see why we'd pivot to talk about actual issues in a thread that's about someone apologizing for something.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #20
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
It's a bit curious that the OP starts the thread title with "sorry", yet not a single shred of evidence tells me that's a genuine sentiment, and instead we get justifications for being angry.

Something pretty disingenuous about it all in my opinion. And I don't see why we'd pivot to talk about actual issues in a thread that's about someone apologizing for something.
Too bad for you.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
It's a bit curious that the OP starts the thread title with "sorry", yet not a single shred of evidence tells me that's a genuine sentiment, and instead we get justifications for being angry.

Something pretty disingenuous about it all in my opinion. And I don't see why we'd pivot to talk about actual issues in a thread that's about someone apologizing for something.
I see no reason to have opinions about anyone's motivation. But I am slightly surprised that no one wants to discuss my suggestion for a workaround for the actual problem. Well, well....
Old 3 weeks ago
  #22
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
I see no reason to have opinions about anyone's motivation.
I guess we're of different opinions about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
But I am slightly surprised that no one wants to discuss my suggestion for a workaround for the actual problem. Well, well....
Well there was already a thread about it, correct? It got locked. We know why.

No lessons learned.

As predicted.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #23
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
I guess we're of different opinions about it.



Well there was already a thread about it, correct? It got locked. We know why.

No lessons learned.

As predicted.
We know why, because you keep interjecting with your subjective interpretations of me and are actively hunting my threads to find any reason you can to make unneeded observations on me which are just your personal perception. You are repeatedly directly condescending to me on multiple accounts (not just that thread). You keep derailing the threads and descending them into personal attack bickerings, that's why they get locked.

You don't have to enter my threads and participate in them.

No lessons learned indeed.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #24
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
Yeah, the macro editor is buggy.

For long, complex macros I use an xml- or texteditor and tweak manually. Just need to remember saving copies and navigate the fact that Cubase seems to write to that file when closing. As far as I remember the file is called KeyCommands.xml.
I do have some experience navigating the XML files, just haven't done it in this area yet of Macro editing in XML... and to what extent this can be done. Maybe just re-ordering the key commands in macros if they are out of order and doing small fixes.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #25
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainCheck123 View Post
You don't have to enter my threads and participate in them.
I read the title of this thread and thought for a second that you were honestly extending a hand trying make things better between you and "everyone" else. Instead we get the justification for anger.

You're right, I should have known better. Maybe now I have learned and lowered my expectations.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #26
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
I read the title of this thread and thought for a second that you were honestly extending a hand trying make things better between you and "everyone" else. Instead we get the justification for anger.

You're right, I should have known better. Maybe now I have learned and lowered my expectations.
I love you
Old 3 weeks ago
  #27
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Why is it, everyone who wants a "revolution" always imagines everyone else wants a "revolution"?

All angry people do is give me a headache!

There must be a song in there somewhere ....

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know - I don't


Nope just doesn't work does it
Please, have a look at Greta''s speech..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #28
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevsmike View Post
Please, have a look at Greta''s speech..
Greta who .... not that climate panic school girl!

You know, where we have 11 years to go .... which is the equivalent of predicting the demise of the planet to about 1 billionth of a second in relationship to the age of the Earth.

I guess we have "11,000 years" or "110,000 years" to go wouldn't have the same ring on Twit ter.

Now plastic bottles and plastic waste - that has to end like yesterday!

I could start a revolution about plastic waste - that is scary!

Guess we all pick our "Revolutions" expediently - that's always been the problem with revolutions

Old 3 weeks ago
  #29
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Greta who .... not that climate panic school girl!

You know, where we have 11 years to go .... which is the equivalent of predicting the demise of the planet to within 1 billionth of a second in relationship to the age of the Earth.

I guess we have "11,000 years" or "110,000 years" to go wouldn't have the say ring on Twit ter.

Now plastic bottles and plastic waste - that has to end like yesterday!

I could start a a revolution about plastic waste - that is scary!

Guess we all pick our "Revolutions" expediently - that's always been the problem with revolutions

I think it's more, the tipping point is in 11 years in which things will begin to unfurl uncontrollably and beyond return - not instantly in a breath of course, over 50-200 years.

But I agree it's geopolitical scare mongering and many people are already working to fix. someone hand that gal a copy of 1984
Old 3 weeks ago
  #30
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainCheck123 View Post
I think it's more, the tipping point is in 11 years
The tipping point of human rationality more like.

Do they have an official date, perhaps 1st April 2030 - that's in 11 years time.

It's like when a cult assembles on a mountain in India because the World's going to end when "the stars a-line" and at midnight - when of course nothing actually happens - my Monty Python humour kicks in and I picture a follower raising his hand at 12:01 and saying "I'm cold, can we go home now"

Hey, I'm all for cleaning up the air we breath and getting run of plastic etc but I'm just not big on the Hollywood Blockbuster script when it comes to the bewildering force of nature and our utter irrelevance in the face of time scales that literally run into billions of years!!!!

I had a women tell me "the dinosaurs thought they had time" WTF .... I thought dinosaurs had electric cars - no wait they got hit by a big f**king rock!

Someone else said "we are going to have electric planes but not for 50 years - that's too long to wait" - huh, we didn't have frikin' electricity 140 years ago - 50 years is beyond rapid for actual human flight powered by a battery! - like in the blink of an eye lid - ok I'm going to relax now

Er back to Steinberg and Cubase - fantastic DAW software from a very pleasant company.

We're not going to agree on that are we

Last edited by thehightenor; 3 weeks ago at 11:37 AM..
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump