The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
usb midi problem
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

usb midi problem

ive got two devices (ik multimedia uno/modal craftsynth 2)both are powered by usb and receiving /trasmiting midi via usb.
when im trying to use them in Cubase im getting laggy behaviour.
if I create a new midi only channel and set them to the devices and use my controller keyboard to play them and record the midi they play ok and don't lag .
but if I load up a instrument channel load up the corresponding vsts (uno vst/modal vst)and use them so I can edit the sounds on the devices and use my controller keyboard to play them then that's were the issues start..if im only on that instrument channel then they play the notes back perfectly no lag but the second I move onto another channel or close the modal vst down the notes go laggy and out of sync so I then have to click back onto there channel and it goes back in sync.
im not using arps or on board sequences im just using them to play back notes ive recorded into Cubase this is why I cant understand why its doing this..in all my years ive never had this problem its really weird.
im thinking it could be a midi filter issue but not sure.

hope someone can help.
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
but if I load up a instrument channel load up the corresponding vsts (uno vst/modal vst)and use them so I can edit the sounds on the devices and use my controller keyboard to play them then that's were the issues start..if im only on that instrument channel then they play the notes back perfectly no lag but the second I move onto another channel or close the modal vst down the notes go laggy and out of sync so I then have to click back onto there channel and it goes back in sync....
VST? Do you mean the software editors? They don't get loaded in Cubase right?
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
VST? Do you mean the software editors? They don't get loaded in Cubase right?
yep they have vst editors they load just like a regular vst.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search