The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cubase 10 - how can I Copy and Paste Midi that hasn't been Quantized, to line up?
Old 2nd June 2019
Gear Nut

Cubase 10 - how can I Copy and Paste Midi that hasn't been Quantized, to line up?

I make tracks that are purposely off time a bit, so if I wanted to copy and paste a midi take that hasn't been quantized, is there a way to "line it up"?

So if I'm making a midi recording I plan on copying and pasting over and over, and I have notes recorded just after the 1st bar that ends just before the 2nd, how can I copy/paste them so they line up so my Paste would "line up' relative to where the first one was at? (copy then paste just after the 2nd, just before the 3rd. Paste just after the 3rd, just before the 4th, etc).

Would I just extend the take via snapping the previous bar and overlay as I paste each one? Or is there a way to make it easier?
Old 4th June 2019
Gear Nut

There is a relative option for the grid settings. It's in the "Snap Type" menu. Set it to "Grid Relative."
Old 5th June 2019
Gear Nut

Great thanks I'll check it out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search