The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is it worth upgrading cubase pro 9.5 to 10? Or wait for 10.5?
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Is it worth upgrading cubase pro 9.5 to 10? Or wait for 10.5?

Steinberg is having a sale ending soon, of upgrades for a 50% discount. There's no rush as they have these sales from time to time.
But anyway, is it worth it? For example i didn't upgrade from cubase pro 8 to pro 9. I waited for 9.5.
Are the features of 10 make a huge difference from 9.5 - or mainly "cosmetic" changes?
Old 1st June 2019
It depends on what one needs really. For me it isn’t worth it. I mean I can get anywhere I want with 9.5 and don’t miss the new features from v10. Although I lived with the 50% off opportunity but will wait with the activation and possibly skip a version or two.
Old 1st June 2019
Gear Nut

Well i doubt it will get cheaper than this, and it will cost more the more versions you upgrade so why not do it while its this cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
Steinberg is having a sale ending soon, of upgrades for a 50% discount. There's no rush as they have these sales from time to time.
But anyway, is it worth it? For example i didn't upgrade from cubase pro 8 to pro 9. I waited for 9.5.
Are the features of 10 make a huge difference from 9.5 - or mainly "cosmetic" changes?
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

It was worth it to me to go from 9.5 to 10. But you're asking if it's worth it to you - that I have no idea.

I do think it's going to be quite a while before you see a 50% off Cubase sale again.
Maybe not 30 years....but still - a rare occurrence.
Old 1st June 2019
I think it’s hard to get more bang for the computer-music-buck than this upgrade at this point in time.
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

I agree with the above posts.

A sale like this isn't a regular annual or semi-annual sale. It's a big deal.

And unlike for example the NI upgrade policy, where you can upgrade a very old Komplete or very old Kontakt i.e. Kontakt 2 to Kontakt 6 for the same price as someone who upgrades Kontakt 5 to 6, you will pay more depending on how old your current version is.

As far as whether or not it's worth it to you, only you can determine that by looking at the new features and downloading the demo.

In my opinion, if you are a every day user, you will pay sooner or later. Do you want to pay for small upgrade improvements or pay big for large upgrade improvements. The exception would be the user who is content where he is at, and most likely goes off line, and keeps everything sort of frozen in time.
Old 2nd June 2019
Due to Steinberg’s grace period update policy you can buy the update now and wait with the activation. This way you can get a later version for free.
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.m.junior View Post
Due to Steinberg’s grace period update policy you can buy the update now and wait with the activation. This way you can get a later version for free.
You're not getting it for free....you're just paying in advance at the sale price.
Old 2nd June 2019
Yes, this is the better way to put it.
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

I upgraded to C10 due to ARA2 and AudioAlignment. After upgraded realized that ARA2 is coming in the future, and they keep delaying the release.
steinberg are using false advertising about ARA.
Also audio alignment feature doesn’t work properly still

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search