The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer X Touch One does not automatically follow track selected in Cubase
Old 1st June 2019
Here for the gear

Behringer X Touch One does not automatically follow track selected in Cubase

Just writing this so someone out there doesn't waste their time like me.

About three weeks ago I took the time to write into Behringer's customer support to ask specifically if the X Touch One would follow the track selected in Cubase 10 Pro without needing to "bank" over. I was repeatedly told that it would with the latest firmware version.

I went ahead and got it. Upgraded to the latest firmware. IT DOESN'T DO IT.

And to add to the bizarre experience, Behringer support has stopped answering me either through email or via twitter. Weird company.

So, this thing is going back on Monday and I'm finally doing what I should have done from the beginning. I will get the Steinberg CC121.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks.
Old 1st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycslut View Post
Just writing this so someone out there doesn't waste their time like me.

About three weeks ago I took the time to write into Behringer's customer support to ask specifically if the X Touch One would follow the track selected in Cubase 10 Pro without needing to "bank" over. I was repeatedly told that it would with the latest firmware version.

I went ahead and got it. Upgraded to the latest firmware. IT DOESN'T DO IT.

And to add to the bizarre experience, Behringer support has stopped answering me either through email or via twitter. Weird company.

So, this thing is going back on Monday and I'm finally doing what I should have done from the beginning. I will get the Steinberg CC121.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks.
Just to verify, you mean you select a channel in Cubase10 (or any Cubase version) above channel 8. That channel should be focused in the Behringer, but yes, you need to manually press the bank switch.

I think X Touch including One, follows MC protocol, so no. But I'm told by users of Logic that it does automatically bank switch because Logic has supposedly amended something to MC protocol. There may be other DAWs too, but what you are asking for is not MC protocol. Apparently some DAW's have made it work. I assure you, Cubase does not.
Old 1st June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Just to verify, you mean you select a channel in Cubase10 (or any Cubase version) above channel 8. That channel should be focused in the Behringer, but yes, you need to manually press the bank switch.
Yes, that's what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
I think X Touch including One, follows MC protocol, so no. But I'm told by users of Logic that it does automatically bank switch because Logic has supposedly amended something to MC protocol. There may be other DAWs too, but what you are asking for is not MC protocol. Apparently some DAW's have made it work. I assure you, Cubase does not.
This was my understanding until I started reading that their new firmware would do it. I reached out to their support and they said it would. Just to be thorough I replied being very clear on what I wanted to do and they still said yes. And now won't reply. Really confusing...
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

I just got this unit as well, and once I updated the firmware to version 1.07, most of my problems went away. Now at least, when I select a track with my mouse, the X Touch One follows that selection, and now I actually use the channel arrows to move to the next track.

It does not automatically follow the bank switch unfortunately, but otherwise, it is a very solid unit, and works as advertised. For $160, it is a steal for what it can do.

With firmware version 1.04, the unit was *unusable* with Cubase.

Last edited by Doublehelix; 11th June 2019 at 03:01 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search