The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cubase Loudness Meter Is Incorrect
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Head
Cubase Loudness Meter Is Incorrect

Specifically the K-20 meter.

I have bx_meter on the stereo out reading roughly K-20 and the Cubase meter is around 12 dB higher.

Same issue with all Third party loudness meters on the Stereo Out.

I'm relatively new to Cubase, so it could be some sort of routing issue or meter setting I'm not familiar with.

Any ideas?

Picture attached
Attached Thumbnails
Cubase Loudness Meter Is Incorrect-cubase-loudness.jpg  
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Check any Cubase preferences for metering in the preferences window, check preferences for metering in the metering 'pane' (shown to the right in your image), check routing to make sure there isn't some gain/attenuation going on and the meters you're using are really measuring the same signal at the same place in the signal chain.

Also, when you say "Same issue with all Third party loudness meters" are you saying that they are all off relative to your bx-meter and are measuring like the built-in Cubase meter? If you are, then it seems more likely to me that one plugin is wrong rather than many - i.e. the bx plugin is wrong, not the rest.
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
Check any Cubase preferences for metering in the preferences window, check preferences for metering in the metering 'pane' (shown to the right in your image), check routing to make sure there isn't some gain/attenuation going on and the meters you're using are really measuring the same signal at the same place in the signal chain.

Also, when you say "Same issue with all Third party loudness meters" are you saying that they are all off relative to your bx-meter and are measuring like the built-in Cubase meter? If you are, then it seems more likely to me that one plugin is wrong rather than many - i.e. the bx plugin is wrong, not the rest.

Thanks. I mean all plugins match bx_meter and only the Cubase meter differs.

Also, I think I understand now. The different types of master meters have a floating "average" line with the peak values shooting up over it. I'm used to looking at the green/yellow/red upper reading as an average value in most other K meters.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, but it was just my lack of noticing that little line!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search