The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cubase 10 issues with Lynx ASIO
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Cubase 10 issues with Lynx ASIO

Anyone using Cubase 10 with Lynx Aurora and AES16e? Pro Tools 12 works fine, Studio One 4 works fine. But for some reason Cubase 10 doesn't like the Lynx ASIO driver, no sound output. Can only get sound with the generic driver.
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

It's always good to give out OS and DAW versions along with build numbers, and driver versions.

I know that on Win 10 there can sometimes be conflicts between the DAW and other software when trying to access the driver. In a previous version of Win 10 I had to go into the Lynx mixer, into driver options, and disable "topology driver" (or whatever it's called) to get full functionality in some instances. But then with that disabled Windows wouldn't do bass management for media playback using other software.

Also, there was recently an upgrade I think so make sure that the driver is properly installed. If it's all new you may need to update the driver.

Although if it works with PT and S14 then... I dunno...
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

On Win 7. Good idea to check for new drivers, it's just a bit strange that it works fine with everything else. Demoing Cubase to see if I wanna grab it on sale now. But it's off to a frustrating start.
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
Anyone using Cubase 10 with Lynx Aurora and AES16e? Pro Tools 12 works fine, Studio One 4 works fine. But for some reason Cubase 10 doesn't like the Lynx ASIO driver, no sound output. Can only get sound with the generic driver.
I also ran into driver issues while checking out the Cubase demo. For me running Cubase as administrator fixed it. Don't know if this will be helpful to you since my setup is a little different (W10, PT Ultimate with HDN card running Avid ASIO) but might be worth a try?
Old 28th May 2019
Lives for gear

I had the same problem with the aurora (cubase 10 windows 7)...try out different buffer sizes, fixed it for me...
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear

I upgraded the drivers and seems to be working now. Have a few days to demo and see if I want to grab it on sale.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search