The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wow...cubase 10 half price
Old 7th May 2019
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Wow...cubase 10 half price

Just got the steinberg email. Nice deal.

Halion 6 at 30 percent discount. I've never really checked in to the full halion. Is it worth it content/editing-wise?
Old 8th May 2019
  #2
Cubase 10 Professional cross-grade for $166.00? Deal!
Old 8th May 2019
  #3
Jtt
Gear Addict
 
Jtt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW View Post
Cubase 10 Professional cross-grade for $166.00? Deal!
How?
Old 8th May 2019
  #4
Crossgrade - €169.50,-
Upgrade from Cubase 8.5 - €199,-
Ahh yeah that makes total sense..
Old 8th May 2019
  #5
Gear Addict
 
Dbas's Avatar
Yet upgrade is the same price, it just shows they pull the prices out of their arse.
Old 8th May 2019
  #6
mfx
Lives for gear
 
mfx's Avatar
 

Wouldnt it have also been nice to offer all existing users with registered 10 50% of anything software related in their range (non daw of course or Nuendo if you need it).

30% of Halion- kind of meh.

On the SB bench, great promo to get peeps on board (and devalue your existing user base).
Old 8th May 2019
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
Wouldnt it have also been nice to offer all existing users with registered 10 50% of anything software related in their range (non daw of course or Nuendo if you need it).

30% of Halion- kind of meh.

On the SB bench, great promo to get peeps on board (and devalue your existing user base).

Of course existing users already got a nice offer... The inexpensive upgrade path to nuendo 10. Is that still on?
Old 8th May 2019
  #8
There are usually sales on upgrades sometime during summer. I’m sure that’s what they’re planning now as well, that’s why there are no discounts now.

So relax and hold on to your money a couple of months, folks .
Old 9th May 2019
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Guillermo N's Avatar
 

Hello all,

It seems we have learnt a lot from this celebration. There are some basic principles in life and one of those is “family first”. Well, we planned the Cubase 30th anniversary, but scheduled the sales deals for our existing customers after the sales promotion for the new customers. We honestly promise you that there was no bad intention, just bad timing. So please accept our deepest apologies as we have clearly upset some of you. The updates and upgrades will be included in the sales promotion before the weekend begins. If you have already updated to Cubase 10, please keep an eye on your emails. There will be weekly deals on HALion, WaveLab, Dorico and Iconica in May as well. Once more, thank you for choosing Cubase!

Best regards,
GN
Old 9th May 2019
  #10
mfx
Lives for gear
 
mfx's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo N View Post
Hello all,

It seems we have learnt a lot from this celebration. There are some basic principles in life and one of those is “family first”. Well, we planned the Cubase 30th anniversary, but scheduled the sales deals for our existing customers after the sales promotion for the new customers. We honestly promise you that there was no bad intention, just bad timing. So please accept our deepest apologies as we have clearly upset some of you. The updates and upgrades will be included in the sales promotion before the weekend begins. If you have already updated to Cubase 10, please keep an eye on your emails. There will be weekly deals on HALion, WaveLab, Dorico and Iconica in May as well. Once more, thank you for choosing Cubase!

Best regards,
GN
Thanks for dropping Guillermo...bated breathe
Old 9th May 2019
  #11
Pfffff....30 years in the family’s nothing. Pro24 on Atari in -86 is when I joined
Old 9th May 2019
  #12
Gear Nut
 

The crossgrade offer is very tempting.

How well does Cubase 10 run on macOS these days?
Old 9th May 2019
  #13
Gear Maniac
 
JohnnyFoster's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pier25 View Post
The crossgrade offer is very tempting.

How well does Cubase 10 run on macOS these days?
I just bought the crossgrade as I wasn't sure if existing users would get a good deal, and I own Logic Pro X as well as Cubase 8.5....

Installing it on my 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 ghz/16 gb machine now.

I'll report back when it's (hopefully) up and running...

- JT.
Old 10th May 2019
  #14
50% off Cubase 10? Sign me up!

I have a couple questions though:

1) I'm still rocking Cubase SE (yes, really). I see the upgrade price for "Cubase Elements, LE (4 or higher), AI, Essential, Studio, SX, SL, or Sequel"

Would SE be covered by this? Or do I have to pay as a new customer?

2) The thing I really want from Cubase is being able to incorporate hardware inserts through Cubase, not via RME Totalmix. I hear it can be done- is it through Control Room? If so, I guess I need to get Cubase Pro 10, not Artist 10, right?

Thanks!
Old 10th May 2019
  #15
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo N View Post
Hello all,

It seems we have learnt a lot from this celebration. There are some basic principles in life and one of those is “family first”. Well, we planned the Cubase 30th anniversary, but scheduled the sales deals for our existing customers after the sales promotion for the new customers. We honestly promise you that there was no bad intention, just bad timing. So please accept our deepest apologies as we have clearly upset some of you. The updates and upgrades will be included in the sales promotion before the weekend begins. If you have already updated to Cubase 10, please keep an eye on your emails. There will be weekly deals on HALion, WaveLab, Dorico and Iconica in May as well. Once more, thank you for choosing Cubase!

Best regards,
GN
Please fix the VCA faders lol
Old 10th May 2019
  #16
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pier25 View Post
The crossgrade offer is very tempting.

How well does Cubase 10 run on macOS these days?
I use both PT and Cubase 10 on Mac and Cubase is extremely stable. Runs great.

Also, has to be the nicest looking DAW out there (personal opinion of course).
Old 10th May 2019
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Tempting. Once there is no more USB dongle.
Old 10th May 2019
  #18
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOttawa View Post
50% off Cubase 10? Sign me up!

I have a couple questions though:

1) I'm still rocking Cubase SE (yes, really). I see the upgrade price for "Cubase Elements, LE (4 or higher), AI, Essential, Studio, SX, SL, or Sequel"

Would SE be covered by this? Or do I have to pay as a new customer?

2) The thing I really want from Cubase is being able to incorporate hardware inserts through Cubase, not via RME Totalmix. I hear it can be done- is it through Control Room? If so, I guess I need to get Cubase Pro 10, not Artist 10, right?

Thanks!
although it can be done in artist [awkwardly], i think i will upgrade to pro for this very reason.
Old 10th May 2019
  #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
I use both PT and Cubase 10 on Mac and Cubase is extremely stable. Runs great.

Also, has to be the nicest looking DAW out there (personal opinion of course).
Extremely stable? Something is either stable or unstable. In my case, it is unstable. Unstable being a few crashes per week.
Old 10th May 2019
  #20
And now updates and upgrades are included

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/celebrate-nl/
Old 10th May 2019
  #21
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deondamage View Post
Extremely stable? Something is either stable or unstable. In my case, it is unstable. Unstable being a few crashes per week.
Not really. A program could be said to be stable if it crashes once in awhile, if you've never had it crash, I'd call it "extremely stable."

I never see it crash here on Mac 10.13.6 much less several times a week.

Sounds like a renegade plug in perhaps.
Old 10th May 2019
  #22
Gear Head
 

Quote:
“family first”.
No one likes abusive parents who do not know how to communicate and take away toys and punish and do not let the kids resolve their own issues in order to grow and get to know eachother..

No one likes bullies and arrogant bastards... (the bastard here meant in an "inverted - definition" way...)

You really did F%ç up really hard with that cubase 10 release...

Time will tell if you learn or not... we will see...

for now, cubase 9.0.20 is working really nicely...
Old 10th May 2019
  #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution View Post
No one likes bullies and arrogant bastards...

You really did F%ç up really hard with that cubase 10 release...
Totally ageee - no one likes arrogant bastards.

Good thing that Steinberg weren’t arrogant but explained, apologized and made up.

Another good thing is that they didn’t tell others to F%ç up. No one likes an arrogant bastard who does that.
Old 10th May 2019
  #24
How long is this sale on for?
Old 10th May 2019
  #25
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
Totally ageee - no one likes arrogant bastards.

Good thing that Steinberg weren’t arrogant but explained, apologized and made up.
Thats like a murderer apologizing to their dead victim after the fact... They seem to be apologizing every release - but never change...

They have not made up yet . this would require better business practices - as in - make everything work properly before pushing out more bugs.. but I am not here to bash... I speak out of personal experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
Another good thing is that they didn’t tell others to F%ç up. No one likes an arrogant bastard who does that.
This does not make any sense...

also, please stop with the fanboy attitude..

you always attack other peoples truths... and it is pretty lame...

I use cubase myself and I want them to succeed. you are not helping with covering up and sweet talking facts...

please try to ignore my comments in the future (if they do not resonate with you) and we will both be happier=)
Old 10th May 2019
  #26
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlegs View Post
How long is this sale on for?
begining of June.
Old 10th May 2019
  #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
begining of June.
Thanks for the info!
Old 10th May 2019
  #28
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
Just got the steinberg email. Nice deal.

Halion 6 at 30 percent discount. I've never really checked in to the full halion. Is it worth it content/editing-wise?

IMO - absolutely worth it.

Editing - pretty comprehensive. There's only a few minor things I'd like to see added.

Content - depends what you need.
There's not as much stuff available as say, for Kontakt, but what's there is pretty good, there will surely be more to come, and you can do your own sampling if there's something you have and can't do without.
Old 11th May 2019
  #29
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlegs View Post
How long is this sale on for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
begining of June.
It is an incredible deal...
Old 11th May 2019
  #30
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution View Post
It is an incredible deal...
yup. agree. it is. i just dont know if i need it given that i dont record 20 member bands and might be overkill for a one man shop like me.

I am secretly hoping some of the other vendors that make DAWs geared for one man bands strike back with a promo of their own. I think any marketing director worth their ilk would plainly agree Steinberg are playing a very dirty game. Its plainly obvious that C10 Pro is worth a lot more than $200 and they are heavily under cutting to gain market share and skewing the DAW market in the process. When you play by those rules, more than one person can tango in that arena.

Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump