The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Does Cubase 10 have Multitrack Vocal Tuning? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Does Cubase 10 have Multitrack Vocal Tuning?

To speed up my workflow, it would be great to tune with a multitrack option so I can see a tuned guide track as the same time as tuning a double/harmony.

Melodyne Studio offers this feature but the upgrade from Melodyne Assistant is $599! That is a heavy price even for a full time user. Cubase is $559, I can even get a crossgrade for only $339!

I like the idea of adding Cubase to my DAW toolbox and if multitrack vocal tuning, or vocal tuning with ghost/guide clips is a thing, that will tip the scales on me buying it.

Is it a thing in Cubase?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMST View Post
To speed up my workflow, it would be great to tune with a multitrack option so I can see a tuned guide track as the same time as tuning a double/harmony.

Melodyne Studio offers this feature but the upgrade from Melodyne Assistant is $599! That is a heavy price even for a full time user. Cubase is $559, I can even get a crossgrade for only $339!

I like the idea of adding Cubase to my DAW toolbox and if multitrack vocal tuning, or vocal tuning with ghost/guide clips is a thing, that will tip the scales on me buying it.

Is it a thing in Cubase?
You can see several tracks at the time when tuning. So if I understand the question correctly the answer is Yes.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Like this?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
In Cubase 10 you can work on multiple overlaid tracks simultaneously - you can also use the chord track to direct variaudio to instruct you as to what are the "correct" notes in the scale/chords you're working with. Obviously variaudio is restricted to monophonic material - Melodyne I believe is still the only pitch software to deal with polyphonic material. I have Melodyne Studio, but variaudio is so good now that (for vocals) I rarely have to fire Melodyne up - Cubase gives me what I need for day to day vocal correction and manipulation. The individual (advanced) tools with variaudio 3 is IMHO actually now better than Melodyne (not in terms of audio quality but ease of use.) The ability to select individual parts of a word and change forment, tilt or change pitch, change volume of individual syllables without moving the cursor more than a few inches - all the tools are there whether you are "merely" correcting or creating vocal soundscapes/backing vocals.

I wasn't going to go Cubase 10, but a windows update (why did I allow it!) broke Output Substance in Cubase, I tried 10 which fixed that issue. CB10 though IS more crash prone overall than 9.5 which is rock solid - other than Substance! I must say I love variaudio 3. Still wary of crashes though.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Hah! Awesome. Yeah, besides the multi track view, Melodyne essentials does pretty much everything I need in a tuning utility. So no way I am dropping $600 on the upgrade when I can get that tool plus the benefit of being able to open more clients project files with Cubase. Cubase here I come!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search