The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mackie MCU and Cubase Audio Interfaces
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Mackie MCU and Cubase

Hi, i didnt get visual feedback of the parameters values on the display of my Mackie Mcu when tweeking volume faders and thirdy party plugins controls
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiabano76 View Post
Hi, i didnt get visual feedback of the parameters values on the display of my Mackie Mcu when tweeking volume faders and thirdy party plugins controls
MCU have not been updated for ages. I think Yamaha Nuage is the only controller that are supported in cubase today. Everything else is running in some legacy mode.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
How do you have the MCU set up in Cubase? Do you have control/movement of everything else?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
No problems here (on Cubase 9.5 Pro) with the Mackie.
Sure you got the setup (midi in and out) configured right?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
No problems here (on Cubase 9.5 Pro) with the Mackie.
Sure you got the setup (midi in and out) configured right?
Did you read and understand the OP question? When does it start to show the gain value when change volume?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
Did you read and understand the OP question? When does it start to show the gain value when change volume?
You're right.
But with motorized faders it's a bit useless to show a value in the display, never did in old versions ever as far as I know, and gives a perfect visual feedback that way.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
You're right.
But with motorized faders it's a bit useless to show a value in the display, never did in old versions ever as far as I know, and gives a perfect visual feedback that way.
Maybe, maybe not. Consequent behaviour make software much easer to understand, and when you understand it it will be easer to to use. Special cases confuses people, but of course a limitation exist on all system and can be tough to get rid off. But I dont expect steinberg/yamaha to do anything at all with MCU protocol. And I dont think Mackie is pushing for that either.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search