The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Region automation vs. track automation in Cubase 9
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Region automation vs. track automation in Cubase 9

I have my external synths being fed via midi+audio tracks. When I turn knobs on the synths and record automation sometimes it is record as region automation and can be visible in piano roll window, sometimes it is recorded as track automation. It depends on a synth. Why is it so? Does it depend on synth driver quality or I miss something?
Some synths are not recorded at all when you turn knobs on them (neither with W enabled nor with W+Record play).
Is there only way to automate them is to go manually to the Midi CC list and pick up a parameter number (then trying to remember what the name of parameter was)? Sometimes even midi CC list is not available.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search