The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sale? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 12th June 2018
Here for the gear
Sale?

When is the semi-annual sale? Native Instruments is having theirs, wondering when Steinberg traditionally starts theirs? Want to upgrade Cubase and Halion. Thanks.
Old 12th June 2018
Gear Nut

If my memory serves me correctly, cubase sales happen somewhere in July.
Old 12th June 2018
Here for the gear
thanks. can't wait, well, yes i can...
Old 13th June 2018
I can't remember ever seeing anything Steinberg selling for a dollar amount that wow'd me. However, I got my last Cubase Pro version from a private seller at a screamin' deal, still in shrink wrap. Must have got it for a present and didn't want it.. ?

I've been contemplating getting either NI VSTi's or the latest full Halion VSTi's ...though I'm not sure because I'm not overly impressed with the Halion that comes with Cubase Pro. Generally, I've seen sales on everything on every holiday, Fathers Day is coming up this weekend too.
Old 13th June 2018
Here for the gear
Halion full version has tons more content but I just got into Komplete 11 for $325 on sale. 112 gb.
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

I think it was a several weeks ago, steinberg was offering their vst collection for half price (sale actually ended april 12). I got NI komplete instead on a crossgrade deal from owning Kontakt already. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten the steinberg vst collection instead. In fact, if it is on sale for half price again, I will likely get it. The vst collection has full version of halion and groove agent and some other stuff they have some advantages over NI stuff due to their integration with cubase. For instance, Groove agent drum sets having automatic drum maps to the midi editor.

Thing about native instruments where they fall short is they no longer provide drum maps for cubase. Also, for the abbey road drums, which i like the sound of, they give a printout of the drum map to midi note, but a number of the entries are wrong. For instance something is labelled a tom, but its clearly a snare. Now a google can usually find some cubase drum maps from a helpful person, but the maps I got were wrong for the same reason--the native instruments documentation is wrong.

As has been commented, I also think steinberg is asking too much for their vst add-ons. For instance, Kontakt is a very strong product and halion is kind of a wanna-be as far as marketplace perception, so I think they limit their market presence. The only reason I am looking at halion is its integration hooks into the cubase product--so they have a product that is more attractive to cubase owners, but not competitive head to head with kontakt on other platforms.

I imagine I can wait a day until father's day--maybe I can send them a note asking for the sale price--worse they can do is say no. I had another vendor extend the sale price to me when I missed it by a week.

I wish I could go back and lay this all out in advance--but I didn't know what I liked or needed. So now, I have a battery drum engine, drum sets in kontakt (why does abbey road drums not have a battery set?). Halion, and groove agent. So many its hard to know which one to use or get expert in. I think at some point, I just need to pick one and run with it.

Last edited by ponzi; 16th June 2018 at 03:26 PM..
Old 18th June 2018
Lives for gear

yep theyve already done there sales i got halion 6 update for about £42..and theyve just done the cheap update to cubase 9.5 and absolute 3 package and groove agent expansions half price sale.

steinberg do sales all the time you just ned to regster with them and they send you a heads up and sometimes vouchers.
Old 18th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
.and theyve just done the cheap update to cubase 9.5.
When did that happen? I am also registered but haven't received an email yet. I'm talking specifically about the cubase update.
Old 18th June 2018
Lives for gear

After some listening to presets, I decided to focus my efforts on kontakt, reaktor, massive. No longer interested in the steinberg vst full versions.
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
When did that happen? I am also registered but haven't received an email yet. I'm talking specifically about the cubase update.
it was a month or so ago i got emailed the half price code and i told my mate i work with him and he bought it.
Old 24th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
steinberg have done some excellent plugins..have you tried out groove agent 4/halion 6/halionsonic3/dark planet.

if you havent install the demo and try them out you may be surprised
Old 24th June 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
it was a month or so ago i got emailed the half price code and i told my mate i work with him and he bought it.
That's strange. I always get their mails regarding offers and discounts for all their products (DAWs, plugins etc) and I was waiting everyday for their cubase offer. Let's hope for summer 2019...
Old 3rd July 2018
Lives for gear

In case anyone wants to upgrade to Cubase Pro 9.5, the sale is on from now until July 16. The code is UPDATE18 for 40% off.

Don't know if there is a grace period... isn't 10 imminent?
Old 4th July 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Don't know if there is a grace period... isn't 10 imminent?
The tradition is major release first week of December.
Old 4th July 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
In case anyone wants to upgrade to Cubase Pro 9.5, the sale is on from now until July 16. The code is UPDATE18 for 40% off.
Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your info. That's the mid-summer sale I was talking about.
Old 4th July 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
The tradition is major release first week of December.
That's true. Actually, it's happening since version 7.0, but the tradition broke last year: 9.5 was released in November.
Old 6th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
May I ask how you got note of that?

They never mentioned on Social Media or their page. Was there a newsletter? Word of mouth? This really ran below the radar this time
Old 6th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Fox View Post
May I ask how you got note of that?

They never mentioned on Social Media or their page. Was there a newsletter? Word of mouth? This really ran below the radar this time
I've missed it every year until this one. I was randomly looking though email from the past week on an email addy I use as a catch all for dealing with companies, retailers, etc, and I saw an email from Steinberg hidden among the rest of the endless sale offers. Steinberg definitely does not make the sale well known. But the sale is extensive. I used it and it offered 40% off on pretty much everything on their site.
Old 6th July 2018
Gear Maniac

So Steinberg did send out a newsletter - great for those who actually got it though...

Thanks for the clarification
Old 6th July 2018
Gear Head

Exclamation

Quote:

But the sale is extensive. I used it and it offered 40% off on pretty much everything on their site.
Nothing on upgrades though. It's all about updates so far.
Old 8th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've missed it every year until this one. I was randomly looking though email from the past week on an email addy I use as a catch all for dealing with companies, retailers, etc, and I saw an email from Steinberg hidden among the rest of the endless sale offers. Steinberg definitely does not make the sale well known. But the sale is extensive. I used it and it offered 40% off on pretty much everything on their site.
yep steinberg dont make a big song and dance when there having a sale compared to companys like native instruments.

its a real shame they dont its as if there ashamed of there products.

i have most of the steinberg products and there brilliant they always sit well in a mix with little or no effort but other plugins i have such as sampletank3 never seem too sit in a mix well if you put them in the same track as steinberg or native instruments own plugins.

sampletank 3 always sounds lofi and thin compared to halion 6/kontakt 5 so i need to work harder to get the sounds to fit in a mix.

sorry for rant lol

going back too topic..concerning steinberg sales as i said before they do them every other month but the sales only last very short periods sometime less than a week.
make sure your signed up to there newsletter..make sure you have an account with steinberg..make sure you check there website a couple of times a week..
its a good thing to check out there website every few days because i never get emails saying a product i own has been updated ,steinbrg very very rarely give people heads up on new bug fixs,firmwares so you need to check there news feed on the steinberg website too see whats been updated.
Old 1st August 2018
Lives for gear

Form, Rounds, Polyplex, Reaktor 6 and Flesh are very interesting instruments.

It's why I'm getting it. Too bad Komplete 11 regular does not include TRK01 and FLESH..
Old 2nd August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
When is the semi-annual sale? Native Instruments is having theirs, wondering when Steinberg traditionally starts theirs? Want to upgrade Cubase and Halion. Thanks.

Do you want to upgrade or update? Update is over, and upgrade started today.

Upgrade = I have Cubase Elements and would like to upgrade to Artist or Pro, etc..

Update = I have an older version of Cubase, but would like to update to the newest version to get the latest features.

Last edited by felis; 2nd August 2018 at 01:29 AM..
Old 2nd August 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by felis View Post
Do you want to upgrade or update? Update is over, and upgrade started today.

Upgrade = I have Cubase Elements and would like to upgrade to Artist or Pro, etc..

Update = I have an older version of Cubase, but would like to update to the newest version to get the latest features.
Thanks, upgraded Cubase yesterday, now waiting for the sale on Halion. Probably next month at the earliest as this sale ends on 8/31.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search