The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sale?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sale?

When is the semi-annual sale? Native Instruments is having theirs, wondering when Steinberg traditionally starts theirs? Want to upgrade Cubase and Halion. Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

If my memory serves me correctly, cubase sales happen somewhere in July.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

thanks. can't wait, well, yes i can...
Old 1 week ago
I can't remember ever seeing anything Steinberg selling for a dollar amount that wow'd me. However, I got my last Cubase Pro version from a private seller at a screamin' deal, still in shrink wrap. Must have got it for a present and didn't want it.. ?

I've been contemplating getting either NI VSTi's or the latest full Halion VSTi's ...though I'm not sure because I'm not overly impressed with the Halion that comes with Cubase Pro. Generally, I've seen sales on everything on every holiday, Fathers Day is coming up this weekend too.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Halion full version has tons more content but I just got into Komplete 11 for $325 on sale. 112 gb.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I think it was a several weeks ago, steinberg was offering their vst collection for half price (sale actually ended april 12). I got NI komplete instead on a crossgrade deal from owning Kontakt already. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten the steinberg vst collection instead. In fact, if it is on sale for half price again, I will likely get it. The vst collection has full version of halion and groove agent and some other stuff they have some advantages over NI stuff due to their integration with cubase. For instance, Groove agent drum sets having automatic drum maps to the midi editor.

Thing about native instruments where they fall short is they no longer provide drum maps for cubase. Also, for the abbey road drums, which i like the sound of, they give a printout of the drum map to midi note, but a number of the entries are wrong. For instance something is labelled a tom, but its clearly a snare. Now a google can usually find some cubase drum maps from a helpful person, but the maps I got were wrong for the same reason--the native instruments documentation is wrong.

As has been commented, I also think steinberg is asking too much for their vst add-ons. For instance, Kontakt is a very strong product and halion is kind of a wanna-be as far as marketplace perception, so I think they limit their market presence. The only reason I am looking at halion is its integration hooks into the cubase product--so they have a product that is more attractive to cubase owners, but not competitive head to head with kontakt on other platforms.

I imagine I can wait a day until father's day--maybe I can send them a note asking for the sale price--worse they can do is say no. I had another vendor extend the sale price to me when I missed it by a week.

I wish I could go back and lay this all out in advance--but I didn't know what I liked or needed. So now, I have a battery drum engine, drum sets in kontakt (why does abbey road drums not have a battery set?). Halion, and groove agent. So many its hard to know which one to use or get expert in. I think at some point, I just need to pick one and run with it.

Last edited by ponzi; 5 days ago at 03:26 PM..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

yep theyve already done there sales i got halion 6 update for about £42..and theyve just done the cheap update to cubase 9.5 and absolute 3 package and groove agent expansions half price sale.

steinberg do sales all the time you just ned to regster with them and they send you a heads up and sometimes vouchers.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
.and theyve just done the cheap update to cubase 9.5.
When did that happen? I am also registered but haven't received an email yet. I'm talking specifically about the cubase update.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

After some listening to presets, I decided to focus my efforts on kontakt, reaktor, massive. No longer interested in the steinberg vst full versions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search