The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone had the Slate Plug-ins blacklisted issue with Cubase? Dynamics Plugins
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Anyone had the Slate Plug-ins blacklisted issue with Cubase?

If so, got a solution to share? It's really odd because my Slate buss compressors have worked fine in Cubase for ages, over several Cubase upgrades. And, a few days ago, out of the blue, they're blacklisted.
Old 18th May 2018
mfx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark blue man View Post
If so, got a solution to share? It's really odd because my Slate buss compressors have worked fine in Cubase for ages, over several Cubase upgrades. And, a few days ago, out of the blue, they're blacklisted.
Have you reinstated them and still blacklisted?
Not had any issues with slate blacklisting and have all but VMS installed.
Difficult to say are you windows based?
I would say if reinstated then dont worry, ive had many plugins blacklisted and all now work fine post reinstatement.
May simply be a glitch. Hopefully.
Old 19th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx View Post
I would say if reinstated then dont worry, ive had many plugins blacklisted and all now work fine post reinstatement.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Old 4th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Yeah I reinstalled but it made no difference. And others on Cubase Forum have the same plug-ins that aren't blacklisted. Not much I can do seeing as others aren't having the issue.
Old 4th June 2018
Have you contacted Slate support and/or Cubase support about the issue? If not, that would be my first thought. If you have, never mind.

I had an issue with a VST plug not working with the latest Cubase update, but when I got and installed the latest graphics driver for my graphics card, the issue was resolved. I don't see how a graphics driver could cause the blacklisting, but it may be worth a try. Just a thought.

I hope you can resolve the issue.
Old 4th June 2018
mfx
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark blue man View Post
Yeah I reinstalled but it made no difference. And others on Cubase Forum have the same plug-ins that aren't blacklisted. Not much I can do seeing as others aren't having the issue.
I would suggest the following:

Back up your presets for all the plugins.

Uninstall the plugins that are having issues. Personally I use Revo Uninstaller with ccleaner.

Re-install using the latest installers : Everything Bundle Installers - Slate Digital

Double check you have the latest ilok drivers/software running.

If you're using nvidia you could always try clean uninstalling nvidia driver/software using DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/...17086-released

Download the latest nvidia driver, extract the 397.64-desktop-win10-64bit-whql file using 7zip/winrar etc.

Go to Windows System Devices and install latest driver using search for latest driver, directing the system to the extracted nvidia driver. This will install oinly the drivers and not all the associated bloatware or follow the instructions:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/in...raphics-cards/

Maybe, just maybe this will help you.

Goodluck.
Old 4th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I would suggest the following:

Back up your presets for all the plugins.

Uninstall the plugins that are having issues. Personally I use Revo Uninstaller with ccleaner.

Re-install using the latest installers : Everything Bundle Installers - Slate Digital

Double check you have the latest ilok drivers/software running.

If you're using nvidia you could always try clean uninstalling nvidia driver/software using DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/...17086-released

Download the latest nvidia driver, extract the 397.64-desktop-win10-64bit-whql file using 7zip/winrar etc.

Go to Windows System Devices and install latest driver using search for latest driver, directing the system to the extracted nvidia driver. This will install oinly the drivers and not all the associated bloatware or follow the instructions:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/in...raphics-cards/

Maybe, just maybe this will help you.

Goodluck.
Thanks, I'll look into that. I've got Ccleaner and Winrar and I generally try to keep ilok up to date. I hadn't considered the graphics driver being a factor but........ worth a try.

I like the Grey on my two buss, just the ticket for a little light compression over a mix. I've got plenty of alternatives but I prefer the Slate Grey for that job.

Cubase issues have been quite good for me for the most part. But now, out of the blue, this black-listed thing and also I have missing Agents with my Groove Agent 4 64 bit. The latter being most important and I've been waiting over a month for Steinberg to get around to addressing my ticket. I generally create my drum kits from sample libraries and rarely, if ever, use preset kits so this problem could have been there from the beginning. I only noticed because I wanted to have a play with the Percussion Agent, which is what drew my attention to it in the first place, but which I descovered was AWOL, along with the the Acoustic Agents. Deep joy, eh?

Thanks again, appreciated :thumbsup:

Last edited by dark blue man; 4th June 2018 at 11:13 PM..
Old 4th June 2018
What have you installed, VST 2 or VST 3?

VST 3 did cause trouble in all the latest Cubase builds, VST 2 was/is fine.
Old 7th June 2018
Lives for gear

Success

Well it's working now I'm happy to say.

I uninstalled the VBC software, downloaded and reinstalled again, which I've done twice already. But this time it's worked.

Could I have done something incorrectly on previous occasion? Sure, probably the case but I don't much care. It works now and that's what counts.

All I need now is to get my Groove Agent 4 64 bit up to scratch and I'm good.

Thanks for the replies, appreciated

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search