The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cubase 9.5 and Geist 2 sync problem
Old 28th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Cubase 9.5 and Geist 2 sync problem

Has anybody had trouble with Geist 2 maintaining sync when it loops 1 or 2 bar patterns in Cubase 9.5?

Geist 2 keeps getting out of sync. Originally it was in sync and suddenly started getting delayed. Ive tried multiple buffer settings, turned of delay compensation in cubase, removed all effects on the channel and master buss. If I print the geist track, I can see that is obviously behind the beat.
If I play the newly printed geist track with just the actual geist instrument, they are off time from one another.

I've tried getting fxpansion support but they aren't very quick at responding.

Any typical fixes or is this common with geist 2 or c9 integration?
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Maniac

I found a kind of fix to this sync problem. Turn off the 'restart' pattern mode in geist. I like the feature but it causes too much random delay in restart mode, even on a 1 bar loop with just 4 kick drums. Geist 1 and 2 show the same problem with cubase 8.5 and 9.5.
Old 22nd May 2019
re sync with Cubase 9.5

Under the first engine you can see Layer Mixer and under that length. If you select one of the options with T behind it it should synch to tempo for example 1/8T instead of 1/8.
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Coolfog09, My length is usually set to 1/16th. Are you suggesting to change it to a tuplet value? what is odd is that the variance is not predictable. It can run rock solid and then when not expecting start losing timing/sync. I had contacted support this was right after they were acquired by Roli and didn't seem to be able to assist.
Old 6th June 2019
re Geist and Cubase

When you see the drop down menu in Geist you have two options 1/16 and 1/16T

If you use 1/16T it should sych to the Cubase tempo.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search