The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Cubase owner Control Surfaces
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

New Cubase owner

Just ordered Cubase 9.5 Pro last night, downloaded and installed and patched to 9.5.20.

Assumed I could run 9.5 Pro in a trial/grace period until my dongle arrives, but it just exits out, after an activation attempt or not.

Is there not a trial version of 9.5 Pro I could get going?
Old 14th March 2018
Gear Head

Unfortunately the trial of the Pro version requires the dongle, too. The Elements-Demo doesn´t need one, so maybe have a look at that for the few days shipping takes.
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nan View Post
Unfortunately the trial of the Pro version requires the dongle, too. The Elements-Demo doesn´t need one, so maybe have a look at that for the few days shipping takes.
Ok.

I'm in Canuckistan, so hopefully there's a distributor nearby. I mean, there has to be: our local big box has them (not in stock though).
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

I was lucky that my local GC had them in stock first. Then the trial, then the order of it.
Old 14th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
Just ordered Cubase 9.5 Pro last night, downloaded and installed and patched to 9.5.20.

Assumed I could run 9.5 Pro in a trial/grace period until my dongle arrives, but it just exits out, after an activation attempt or not.

When it comes to steinberg, everything you assume will be the opposite.
Take it from someone who has learned this the hard way [I am not trying to rain on your parade]. best of luck.
Old 15th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post

I just got Cubase myself to use with Softube's Console One. It is a dream combo. Coming from Logic, Cubase is very easy to learn. I'm still learning everything you can do with it (and will be for sometime) but you will really enjoy it.

The dongle thing is needed for Pro (which is a bummer) but once you get it installed you forget about it and just have fun.
Old 15th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
I just got Cubase myself to use with Softube's Console One. It is a dream combo. Coming from Logic, Cubase is very easy to learn. I'm still learning everything you can do with it (and will be for sometime) but you will really enjoy it.

The dongle thing is needed for Pro (which is a bummer) but once you get it installed you forget about it and just have fun.
I'd like to add that the dongle can actually be a life saver. When a Windows update killed my soft elicenser for Cubase Elements on this PC I never did get it sorted. Steiny would send me an activation that wouldn't work, back and forth and I finally gave up. So now it sits here installed and unusable. The dongle on my DAW for 9.5 Pro...never a problem. Can't say the same about Pace though.
Old 15th March 2018
Lives for gear

Ugh, have to wait until Wednesday for the dongle to arrive. Coming from California.

<SNIP>

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 19th March 2018 at 07:58 AM..
Old 16th March 2018
Lives for gear

I don't agree with that. Life's inconveniences are usually worth a bit of patience.

Like I said, they make it obvious that you need a steinberg key when doing the trial.
Old 16th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
I don't agree with that. Life's inconveniences are usually worth a bit of patience.

Like I said, they make it obvious that you need a steinberg key when doing the trial.
Like all DRM implementations, it’s the honest customers that suffer.

They could still have a hardware token, but authorized and “created” online, tied to your account, using any old USB key. But hey, why not monetize something instead?
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear

I want to repeat what I said so that there isn't any margin for error. Steiny makes it PAINFULLY obvious you need to dongle for both the demo and the full version.

I'm just the messenger. I NEVER advocate for people to pirate.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search