The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cubase Elements 9 won't load - "Initializing: Scanning VST3 Plugins.."
Old 28th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Cubase Elements 9 won't load - "Initializing: Scanning VST3 Plugins.."

As per title, for some reason Cubase isn't loading today, is anyone familiar with this problem?

thanks in advance
Old 4th February 2019
Gear Nut

I experienced something like this today. Normally, the PC is offline, so I enabled the LAN and restarted Cubase. This stopped the insufferably long VST3 scanning that had reared its head. Disabled the LAN again and all is well. I have to assume it was looking for a handshake of some kind. Maybe this will work for you. It's not a complete shot in the dark. I just don't feel like writing a novel about what was probably behind the issue.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by macb3th View Post
As per title, for some reason Cubase isn't loading today, is anyone familiar with this problem?

thanks in advance
Do you happen to have any Waves plugins?
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

I have seen this happen before. I have a desktop and a laptop that both use Waves plugins. If I forget the to transfer the licenses via the cloud to the computer I'm using, it gets stuck Scanning VST3 Plugins....
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
I have seen this happen before. I have a desktop and a laptop that both use Waves plugins. If I forget the to transfer the licenses via the cloud to the computer I'm using, it gets stuck Scanning VST3 Plugins....
Same here. To test, you can take the Waveshell files out of your VST search path. That will tell you for sure if it is Waves causing the issue.

I've done the same thing as above, and it has always fixed my issue.
Old 27th May 2019
Here for the gear

I had this issue and had to manually locate anything waves and delete it. Then in Cubase had to remove the vst paths and re-scan. Finally fixed the issue.

Is there a way to do a clean remove of Waves. I really bugs me when I uninstall a program that it leaves behind all it's junk. I know companies like hauppauge offer a clean uninstall program you can download, really appreciate stuff like that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search