The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase "plugin does not load" bug DAW Software
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Cubase "plugin does not load" bug

Just wondering if anybody has any new info on the infamous Cubase bug
where upon calling up a plugin instance, the plugin does not load, and no
error is reported. Nothing happens and the plugin never loads.
Its random, and can happen with any plugin at any time.

Cost me over a thousand bucks in refunds to customers after one of my amp
sims just vanished into thin air.
This has been happening since version 5.5.3 and on through to version 8.
I'm thinking of upgrading to version 9.5 Pro, is this still happening there?

If so , can anybody suggest a super stable setup that is reliable enough to make a damn living with??

Sorry i'm just really angry and frustrated. I'm close to jumping over to Reaper at this point. I cant afford any more refunds for lost tracks. And i have zero piece of mind in general.
JC
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Is it a 32 bit plug? If so, Cubase's bit bridge is less than desirable. JBridge may be an option, very few plugs it doesn't work with. I think there's a compatibility list on the site.

No bit bridge in C9, no 32bit anything. JBridge or nothing with it.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Wade View Post
Is it a 32 bit plug? If so, Cubase's bit bridge is less than desirable. JBridge may be an option, very few plugs it doesn't work with. I think there's a compatibility list on the site.

No bit bridge in C9, no 32bit anything. JBridge or nothing with it.
I'm not asking you to help me troubleshoot.

I'm just asking for any new info regarding this issue, because i'm getting ready to buy a new system/computer. If Cubase 9 users are seeing this issue, i'm not going to buy it.
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Old 13th January 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecandy View Post
Thats not the same issue i'm talking about. I get this behaviour even in an
empty project with 1 or 2 plugins. Its been going on for years in Cubase.
Ok.

Well I know how fustrating bugs can be.
But I have never had that issue. From sx all the way to 9.5.1.

All the issues I have ever run in to has bin corrupted prefs, cubase bugs, waveshell issues, net framework gui issues, driver issues, os issues, hardware bsod, or poorly coded plugs.

Strange that I havent run in to the issue you are having, with no explanation why it is happening. The program log should point you in a direction where there could be an error.
Are you 100% shure, that steinberg is the only issue? There are plenty off things that can caus issues with programs (dll).

The plugin sentinel is put in place to prevent poorly coded plugs to be used on the latest versions of cubase. That might cure your issue.

As for 9.5.1 im not having your issue. But I have never run in to it. Always found the reason/caus for the fault.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
Ok.

Well I know how fustrating bugs can be.
But I have never had that issue. From sx all the way to 9.5.1.

All the issues I have ever run in to has bin corrupted prefs, cubase bugs, waveshell issues, net framework gui issues, driver issues, os issues, hardware bsod, or poorly coded plugs.

Strange that I havent run in to the issue you are having, with no explanation why it is happening. The program log should point you in a direction where there could be an error.
Are you 100% shure, that steinberg is the only issue? There are plenty off things that can caus issues with programs (dll).

The plugin sentinel is put in place to prevent poorly coded plugs to be used on the latest versions of cubase. That might cure your issue.

As for 9.5.1 im not having your issue. But I have never run in to it. Always found the reason/caus for the fault.
+1
Old 21st January 2018
Gear Maniac

Never had that issue either and I've been using Cubase since the Atari ST days.
Old 2nd March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecandy View Post
Just wondering if anybody has any new info on the infamous Cubase bug
where upon calling up a plugin instance, the plugin does not load, and no
error is reported. Nothing happens and the plugin never loads.
Its random, and can happen with any plugin at any time.

Cost me over a thousand bucks in refunds to customers after one of my amp
sims just vanished into thin air.
This has been happening since version 5.5.3 and on through to version 8.
I'm thinking of upgrading to version 9.5 Pro, is this still happening there?

If so , can anybody suggest a super stable setup that is reliable enough to make a damn living with??

Sorry i'm just really angry and frustrated. I'm close to jumping over to Reaper at this point. I cant afford any more refunds for lost tracks. And i have zero piece of mind in general.
JC
I've experienced this issue quite often with recalled projects where I want to swap one plug-in for another. Relab's (excellent) LX-480 is a good example; on several projects I have tried swapping this for other reverb plugins I've used in the past and it just simply won't load. As you describe above, nothing happens, it just doesn't load, and it doesn't appear to be a dll count limitation either, as I have tried loading other discrete plugs into the same projects to test this theory and they all load. I seem to remember some of Slate's plug-ins exhibiting the same behaviour.

I've recently upgraded to Cubase 9.5, so will be keen to see whether this problem still exists.
Old 19th March 2018
Lives for gear

I've run Cubase in one version or another for 22 years and the only times I've had any trouble with plugins has been iLok related. The fix has always been updating to the new iLok oftware version. I only use Waves, UAD and now Slate though. I also always immediately updated my operating system (Windows ) to the latest version and updated my plugins to the current version. I suspect that the problem isn't Cubase, but poorly coded plugins.
Old 20th March 2018
Lives for gear
I have never ever had Cubase (any version) not load a plugin. Never.

Cubase Pro 9.5 is without doubt the most reliable DAW I've owned and used professionally and I've used virtually them all at one time or another.

Except for Reaper as I'm not keen on Suduko

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search