The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase "plugin does not load" bug Modular Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Cubase "plugin does not load" bug

Just wondering if anybody has any new info on the infamous Cubase bug
where upon calling up a plugin instance, the plugin does not load, and no
error is reported. Nothing happens and the plugin never loads.
Its random, and can happen with any plugin at any time.

Cost me over a thousand bucks in refunds to customers after one of my amp
sims just vanished into thin air.
This has been happening since version 5.5.3 and on through to version 8.
I'm thinking of upgrading to version 9.5 Pro, is this still happening there?

If so , can anybody suggest a super stable setup that is reliable enough to make a damn living with??

Sorry i'm just really angry and frustrated. I'm close to jumping over to Reaper at this point. I cant afford any more refunds for lost tracks. And i have zero piece of mind in general.
JC
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Is it a 32 bit plug? If so, Cubase's bit bridge is less than desirable. JBridge may be an option, very few plugs it doesn't work with. I think there's a compatibility list on the site.

No bit bridge in C9, no 32bit anything. JBridge or nothing with it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Wade View Post
Is it a 32 bit plug? If so, Cubase's bit bridge is less than desirable. JBridge may be an option, very few plugs it doesn't work with. I think there's a compatibility list on the site.

No bit bridge in C9, no 32bit anything. JBridge or nothing with it.
I'm not asking you to help me troubleshoot.

I'm just asking for any new info regarding this issue, because i'm getting ready to buy a new system/computer. If Cubase 9 users are seeing this issue, i'm not going to buy it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecandy View Post
Thats not the same issue i'm talking about. I get this behaviour even in an
empty project with 1 or 2 plugins. Its been going on for years in Cubase.
Ok.

Well I know how fustrating bugs can be.
But I have never had that issue. From sx all the way to 9.5.1.

All the issues I have ever run in to has bin corrupted prefs, cubase bugs, waveshell issues, net framework gui issues, driver issues, os issues, hardware bsod, or poorly coded plugs.

Strange that I havent run in to the issue you are having, with no explanation why it is happening. The program log should point you in a direction where there could be an error.
Are you 100% shure, that steinberg is the only issue? There are plenty off things that can caus issues with programs (dll).

The plugin sentinel is put in place to prevent poorly coded plugs to be used on the latest versions of cubase. That might cure your issue.

As for 9.5.1 im not having your issue. But I have never run in to it. Always found the reason/caus for the fault.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
Ok.

Well I know how fustrating bugs can be.
But I have never had that issue. From sx all the way to 9.5.1.

All the issues I have ever run in to has bin corrupted prefs, cubase bugs, waveshell issues, net framework gui issues, driver issues, os issues, hardware bsod, or poorly coded plugs.

Strange that I havent run in to the issue you are having, with no explanation why it is happening. The program log should point you in a direction where there could be an error.
Are you 100% shure, that steinberg is the only issue? There are plenty off things that can caus issues with programs (dll).

The plugin sentinel is put in place to prevent poorly coded plugs to be used on the latest versions of cubase. That might cure your issue.

As for 9.5.1 im not having your issue. But I have never run in to it. Always found the reason/caus for the fault.
+1
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search