The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Automatic speech alignment
Old 23rd July 2017
Gear Maniac

Automatic speech alignment

New in Nuendo 8: Automatic speech alignment

But how? Or is it coming in the upcoming ADR uppdate?
Old 23rd July 2017
Lives for gear

One of a few things that are supposedly coming.

Overall I think Nuendo 8 was underwhelming and a bit of a let down. I haven't even bothered with it. Seems a bit rough around the edges and with few new meaningful significant features for an independent engineer. Although that's not what you asked ;-)
Old 23rd July 2017
Gear Maniac

stability for me is the same as Nuendo 7 The sampler track is fun, but the new default color scheme is horrible. I need to figure out how to change the color of events in the key editor, or change the background. Now it is greyish red on grey. So basically invisible to my 42 year old eyes.
Old 24th July 2017
Lives for gear

I didn't mean it wasn't stable as a software, I'm actually incredibly satisfied with the stability of Nuendo.

But there seems to be verified issues with the new Offline Processing, AAF import and Mac OS responsiveness, and that in conjunction with few (any?) significant new features for post audio. Like I said, to me very underwhelming. I mentioned on the official forum that once Blackmagic Design get their integration of Fairlight into Davinci Resolve done it looks to someone like me a bit like it might be better to spend money on an accelerator card for it than on Nuendo 8.
Old 28th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
once Blackmagic Design get their integration of Fairlight into Davinci Resolve done it looks to someone like me a bit like it might be better to spend money on an accelerator card for it than on Nuendo 8.
wise words from someone who should be trusted
BTW, I'll be stuck @ 7.1.3. It is solid.

------------------------------------------------
W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.30 & PT 12.4------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx-----WXP, Wavelab, Plextor Premium, Hofa DDP
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_McDSP_Soundtoys
1.0_2.0 and 5.1 monitoring

Last edited by lemix; 29th July 2017 at 03:54 PM..
Old 4th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn Lavoll View Post
New in Nuendo 8: Automatic speech alignment

But how? Or is it coming in the upcoming ADR uppdate?
The Audio Alignment tool allows you to automatically match the timing of audio events that you want to play back simultaneously.

https://steinberg.help/nuendo/v8/en/...ignment_c.html
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search