The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Using Cubase? Check out the Launchpad Mini Control Surfaces
Old 12th January 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks 7blanche, yes, I'd love to study your template!
Old 13th January 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxed Man View Post
Thanks 7blanche, yes, I'd love to study your template!
Hey,

Here they are. BMT file and Generic Remote file for LP mini/Cubase.

For them to work you need to create 3 virtual Midi ports (for instance, with loopMIDI): "LP to MIDI controller", "to MCU" and "from MCU"

Then on LP mini you have such options with upper buttons:

'session' (5th button): has VST and VSTi QC with increment/decrement and drum rack 4x4 (this happens via Generic Remote*)

'user 1' (6th button): empty

'user 2' (7th button): half MCU for testing purposes

'mixer' (8th button): MCU*
1st row MUTES
2nd row SOLOS
3rd row SELECTION
4th row PLUGINS1-8 (opens and assigns MCU to the plugin)
5th row PLUGINS9-16
6th row <BANKS>, PAN, FLIP, EQ, INSTRUMENT, <PAGES>
7th row F1-F8
8th row TRANSPORT

*for Generic Remote add to Cubase with ports: INPUT: LP to MIDI controller
*for MCU add MCU to Cubase with ports: INPUT: to MCU, OUTPUT: from MCU

Hope it works for you and the instructions are clear enough. I use this with conjunction with Xtouch mini, but you can replace those translators/commands with any other controller with mapping.

You need to have Bome Midi Pro version to work (I think). The Classic version will not work with this.

Anyways, let me know how it goes.
Old 13th January 2018
Here for the gear
Here are the files in ZIP. Had to archive them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LPmini&Bome.zip (117.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 5th March 2018
Here for the gear

first of all, congratulations for your setup, very creative and I think it takes a lot of time!
I am starting to integrate my launchpad Mini with Cubase 9. I learned to map the keys with the Remote generic and it works great.
I did not understand how to make the LEDs work, you can explain well how to make sure that when the button is pressed the pad light comes on ?
and one last thing: how can I associate a button to the selection of a track: for example Row 1 to the track 1 ,row 2 to track 2 and so on? thanks in advance for your help
Old 8th March 2018
Here for the gear
Hi Everlost,

Regarding the LED's. For that I used Bome's midi translator. It is a software that changes midi messages of the LP and allows to create your own template since LP does not allow that natively. It also allows to get the LEDs to light up on LP. I do not know if there is other such software.

In that way I've reprogrammed midi messages of LP to on button press to:

a) send mackie messages (to a virtual port),
b) send messages to light up LEDs (to LP itself),
c) translate the received mackie messages (from virtual port to LP).

Regarding Row 1 to track 1 and row 2 to track 2. It does that automatically of you translate LP messages as mackie messages. You have to associate each button to according mackie message.

Find chart of LP messages, find mackie messages, create the virtual port and program each button. You can also download my preset. If you set it up correctly you should have it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlost View Post
first of all, congratulations for your setup, very creative and I think it takes a lot of time!
I am starting to integrate my launchpad Mini with Cubase 9. I learned to map the keys with the Remote generic and it works great.
I did not understand how to make the LEDs work, you can explain well how to make sure that when the button is pressed the pad light comes on ?
and one last thing: how can I associate a button to the selection of a track: for example Row 1 to the track 1 ,row 2 to track 2 and so on? thanks in advance for your help
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search