The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best DAW choice Cubase? DAW Software
Old 23rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley-OIART View Post
??? Yes. Recording Artists with Minimal Latency, High End Plugin Algorithms, & Great Converters is definetely a big headache.

Oh wait... It sucks because you don't know how to use it right?

lil homie get out here with that aight
if i didn't know how to use to i probably wouldn't have had the icon and i wouldn't have recorded all the records i did with that system...
i said its a personal preference...ANYTHING pt can do i can do with Nuendo 3 or sonar 6 or logic 7...ANYTHING.

As for the latency... i don't have 1 issue with my native system with apogee converters either so what are you really sayin cuz...
3rd, Great converters.. get outta here with that. my rosetta's sound a hell of a lot better than my 192 i/o's EVER did. and that was with sync i/o and later the big ben as the clock

b/c i don't know how to use it, get outta here with that bald head sh*t
b/c i'd rather spend my money on something actually worth it vs tryin to fit in with the quote on quote industry standard...don't get me started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
So, we can agree in that every major daw can give you pro results, if the equipment is fine, and mostly "you", who operates it.
I vote for cubase/nuendo.
DING DING DING....
Perfectly said... ppl wanna prase protools like its the best thing since pu$$y... for some it is, for others its not.. but i don't care what program i have to use... i can make a great record on acid..i may not want to, but can i YEP
Old 23rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineMusic View Post
lil homie get out here with that aight
if i didn't know how to use to i probably wouldn't have had the icon and i wouldn't have recorded all the records i did with that system...
i said its a personal preference...ANYTHING pt can do i can do with Nuendo 3 or sonar 6 or logic 7...ANYTHING.

As for the latency... i don't have 1 issue with my native system with apogee converters either so what are you really sayin cuz...
3rd, Great converters.. get outta here with that. my rosetta's sound a hell of a lot better than my 192 i/o's EVER did. and that was with sync i/o and later the big ben as the clock

b/c i don't know how to use it, get outta here with that bald head sh*t
b/c i'd rather spend my money on something actually worth it vs tryin to fit in with the quote on quote industry standard...don't get me started

DING DING DING....
Perfectly said... ppl wanna prase protools like its the best thing since pu$$y... for some it is, for others its not.. but i don't care what program i have to use... i can make a great record on acid..i may not want to, but can i YEP
WELL Said Son, Well Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
I have an LE setup and I personally like to call it Pee Tools

Pro Fools just doesnt do anything for meheh .

I use Cubase for everything, I have Peetools for compatiblity only

ME TOO I used Cubase and then I upgraded too Nuendo.

I Have a ProFools LE setup and lol I don't even touch it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th February 2007
theother
I've used and owned PT TDM for almost 10 years (13-card system) and my vote goes for Cubase. Although C4 is a bit buggy at the moment. C3 SX was/is very stable.
Get good converters and a good clock. (I have Apogee AD/DA-16X/Big Ben, CS HEDD 192 and RME MADI)

Only very few would need the extra features of Nuendo.

If you prefer Macs to PC it's worth looking into Logic, which I personally can't stand.
Old 24th February 2007
Lives for gear

I use SX3, and have no complaints. i am more comfortable in PT because that is what I started on, but I need the VST's, and PT...though coming up the curve, is still behind the ball on that. also, I don't like the idea of having to use Digidesign's converters. Too many quality options out there to be stuck with one.

Quite honestly, if Steinberg doesn't stop releasing software before they're sure it works, I'm probably going to cross-grade to Logic if Apple allows such a thing. Just starting to do my homework on my VST's, and whether or not they will be able to come with if I should switch to Logic.
Old 25th February 2007
kdp
Lives for gear

Love Cubase/Nuendo.....I keep my eye on the others, checking out demos and working at friends studios. But the other programs just feel so dated. Protools is the worst! Looks like DOS!! But any of them will get the job done.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search