The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

The Stam Audio SA-76ADG is an exact replica of the 3 most revered revisions of the UREI 1176 FET compressor. Do you love the aggressive mid-range and coloration of the 1176 blue face, the subtle character and versatility of revision D on vocals and bass and love the gentle and transparent properties of revision G on acoustic guitar and stringed instruments? Then the Stam Audio SA-76ADG is the ideal compressor for you. As we were already planning to do a 1176 model of each famous revision , it occured to us, why make just one if we could deliver all 3 versions to our clients, at the same price a single unit? Mechanically and component-wise the cost was marginally higher and we could use both the 0-12 and 50002 transformers for the A and D sections as used on the original units and bypass the transformers for revision G like the original.

Discussions

Stam Audio SA76 ADG

Hello Guys, I am happy to introduce to the forum the Stam Audio SA-76ADG. Three completely independent 1176 compressors in one unit at the touch of a switch. The aggressive revision A, the magical revision D and the super clean revision G. Please note that each revision as it's own independent PCB and circuit therefor it...

View Post

Wham bam thank you Stam

I got a 1073MPA from them and it's great! kfhkh Still waiting on my SA76-ADG one year later... abduction

View Post

Black Rooster Audio releases the VLA-FET

I popped it into Plugin Doctor and compared it my Stam SA-76ADG and went into detail on KVR. In short: I found the Black Rooster to compare very favorably in most areas, with the biggest difference of note being that the BRA had a slower release at some settings. Having run through these tests...

View Post