The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

CLASSIC COMPRESSION. BREAKTHROUGH PRICE. The SA-76 is the finest replica of the vintage 1967 Teletronix 1176 available in the market today. The 1176 is the most sought after compressor in the world that has been used on virtually every hit record and we are very proud to have recreated every drop of character and usability of this classic compressor at a price that makes it accessible to anyone. BETTER COMPONENTS We have gone to great length to faithfully reproduce the compression characteristics and tonality of the original. It features a Sowter 1260 input transformer which is an identical replica of the original UTC O-12 (Ratio 1:1.58 200/500 Ohms) and a CineMag output transformers that precisely matches the ratio and frequency response of the original 5002 output transformer designed by Bill Putnam. We have made no compromise in parts such as Vishay capacitors, NOS carbon resistors and matched selected transistors to ensure you will get the best sounding unit without cutting any corners. All of the SA-76’ are calibrated in our workshop in Chile where they get their transformers soldered, a full health check and a burn for 24 hours. CURE DIGITITIS While plugins have come a long way, and are incredibly useful, there’s a reason the top engineers still have analog gear in their racks. To give your recordings the warmth, depth, and power you hear in all your favorite recordings, you need hardware. The SA-76 gives you all these things in spades. Stunning on vocals. Amazing on bass. In fact, most things will sound better by just running them through the SA-76 circuitry without even compressing! ZERO COMPROMISE. SURPRISINGLY AFFORDABLE. Stam Audio Engineering products are about sound quality first and foremost. Every component of every unit is premium quality and carefully selected to ensure our units match or even surpass the quality of high end boutique gear. So when you see the price for the SA-76 the first thing you probably think is: how is that possible? The answer is two fold. First, we work on small margins. We want to see professional gear within the reach of anyone who has the passion to use it so we’re willing to sacrifice profits to make this possible. Secondly, we order in large batches. This keeps our costs as low as possible, and allows you to get your hands on our units at a much cheaper price.

Discussions

Stam Audio Gear

I sent a deposit for the SA76 back in late October. When I was first inquiring about the 76, they guys at STAM said there was time for me to get in on the current order and that it might be shipping as early as December, but would most likely ship in January....

View Post

Stam Audio SA76 ADG

We will It takes time

View Post

Stam Audio Gear

I am sorry for your bad experience, I can confirm all of the written above is accurate and how things happened, an unfortunate chain of events. The only thing untruthful is what you mention about our stock. The FTA is there to prevent fraudulent business. We refunded you completely and even covered any PayPal commission so...

View Post