The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wireless projectors
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

Wireless projectors

Hello. I am looking for some info. concerning some things I want to do with projectors in a stage performance setup. I currently have a setup with my laptop that I program a playlist of images that I send to a house projector to display on screen at the back of the stage. I then switch images at will via a usb foot pedal while performing. One venue in particular has a projector very far away from the stage and my only option would be to somehow use a wireless setup and I am wondering what the best way to do this might be? I don't know yet if the projector is connected to a wifi network and if it isn't I guess my only option would be some sort of bluetooth dongle? (if I could get it connected) I welcome any thoughts or ideas on this.

Now, another project I want to work on is having several smaller rear projection screens on stage and be able to control them the same way. Is it possible to network multiple projectors and are there any programs that allow programming of different images/video on different screens that I can switch manually with a pedal or even time sync like a dmx light setup? Again, I'm eternally grateful for any thoughts, discussion or ideas or links to other sites with info. on the subject.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2020
Lives for gear

In my opinion, you'll be better off with a wired solution than a wireless one for video, and doubly so for consumer-level stuff (i.e. Wi-Fi or Bluetooth based) as you'll be competing with every audience member's cell phone for bandwidth. Wireless video systems also tend to introduce latency due to compressing and decompressing the video signal, which may not particularly concern you but for some applications it can be a big problem.

There are a fair few video extender systems that use twisted pair cable (Cat6, etc.) to send VGA or HDMI or whatever format video decently long distances.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear