The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Problems with FCB1010 and Obey40 Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear

Problems with FCB1010 and Obey40

I've put together a stage lighting system consisting of 12 LED lights (configured as 8 fixtures), the Chauvet Obey40 controller, and the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI pedal.

I can program the scenes I need on the Obey40. I can progam the FCB1010 to shoot out Note On commands to change scenes. What I CANNOT seem to do is to STOP the FCB1010 from putting out a Note Off command when I take my foot off the pedal! Either that, or get the Obey40 to ignore the Note Off command! The result is that when I step on a pedal, the Obey40 responds with the correct scene. When I take my foot off the pedal, all the lights go out! "Blackout" on the Obey40 is not being called, since the Blackout LED on the Obey40 display is not turned on, but it has the same effect.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on, and how I can fix this? So far, Behringer and Chauvet have been no help (Chauvet thought "velocity" was the speed of transmission on the MIDI buss!). It's working, as long as I leave my foot on the pedal, but that of course is very useless on a stage performance. I've done MIDI programming in the past, and I'm an electronic tech, but this one has me befuddled. I inhereted most of this, and knew the FCB1010 could output MIDI Note On, so I thought this was possible. All I wish to do at this time is change scenes; what am I missing?

Some people have mentioned the UnO ROM chip, but others have said they got it to work without it, although they can't remember how.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search