The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moving Heads end up off target??
Old 18th October 2017
Here for the gear

Moving Heads end up off target??

Okay, so I have four moving heads which sit on the floor in a row. I'm using 30w mini LED Spots in DMX mode running through myDMX Buddy 2. Lets say I have all of them pointed at an object on a wall in one scene. I run through a couple of other scenes where the heads are performing rotational or random movements of some sort. I then go back to the original scene where the heads are pointed at the wall object, only this time they're all off target by a few inches or more.

I'm wondering whether or not this is a result of the motors in the heads moving quickly and then coming to a sudden stop? Almost as if the motors/belts inside nudge off axis just slightly due to all the movement..? I've gone through most all of my scenes and changed the fade time for them to about a half second, and that seems to have helped a little, so they aren't just ram-jamming into the next scene to a sudden stop.

But I still have a couple of scenes where there's a lot of fast rotational movements, which seem to throw the lights off their targets about an inch or so. Would it be wise to reset those chase durations to something a little slower to help remedy that? Just looking for thoughts, opinions and tips. Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search