The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moving Heads end up off target??
Old 18th October 2017
Here for the gear

Moving Heads end up off target??

Okay, so I have four moving heads which sit on the floor in a row. I'm using 30w mini LED Spots in DMX mode running through myDMX Buddy 2. Lets say I have all of them pointed at an object on a wall in one scene. I run through a couple of other scenes where the heads are performing rotational or random movements of some sort. I then go back to the original scene where the heads are pointed at the wall object, only this time they're all off target by a few inches or more.

I'm wondering whether or not this is a result of the motors in the heads moving quickly and then coming to a sudden stop? Almost as if the motors/belts inside nudge off axis just slightly due to all the movement..? I've gone through most all of my scenes and changed the fade time for them to about a half second, and that seems to have helped a little, so they aren't just ram-jamming into the next scene to a sudden stop.

But I still have a couple of scenes where there's a lot of fast rotational movements, which seem to throw the lights off their targets about an inch or so. Would it be wise to reset those chase durations to something a little slower to help remedy that? Just looking for thoughts, opinions and tips. Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search