The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Discuss levels of Lighting options foir mobile bands
Old 26th June 2016
Gear Head

Discuss levels of Lighting options foir mobile bands

So gigging a good while. Started off with a few halogens, some pars, upgraded to some stage washes, tried many, all give about the same effect.
Some links coming up, we're in europe but Im sure theres similar across the pond.

shortly after they came out, it became clear for mobility the thomann Tri Watt LEDs took over so bought 1 for either side.
Stairville Stage TRI LED Bundle Complete - Thomann Ireland

I bought a controller and linked, it gave us some good control. Served us very well and when theres a tight fit might not have stage landscape to be putting up 2 of the tri bars . Went for a couple of xbricks
Stairville xBrick Full-Colour 16x3W - Thomann Ireland
They sit nicely on our tops and get great wash over stage.

5 piece playing bars/functions. Lets put a budget of 1000 (pounds/euro/bucks) or thereabouts on it, whats that next step up? Floods? Moving heads?

Do you have white floods behind the band or standard colour washes coming from side? Whats essential for you?
Old 7th September 2016
Gear Maniac

I have RGBAW lights shining on my band. Either attached to flypoints on my main speakers, or on T-Bars, depending on the size of the room. Then I have 3 setups on a truss depending on the room, headroom, can we use haze or not.

I keep the band members lit with a basic Amber/white wash. Then all hell can break loose behind the band on the truss. At concerts the band members are usually lot with spotlights, to separate them from the background, so that's the reasoning for that.

In your case I would put the 2 Tri LED bundles at the back, that will give you 8 wash lights. I would then put the stairville bricks maybe on the ground pointing up behind the drummer to uplight the section behind the drummer. Either program it to match the Tri LEDs or program otherwise.

Then with the money you have I'd get a pair of RGBAW fixtures to light the band members, or maybe 4, to have 2 per side.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search