The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog outboard mixer in a 19/2U format. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with active analog stereo summing and insert functionality.SPL MixDream*Features High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space Sophisticated, active Class A/60V stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays Reduction of A/D conversions (14 A/D conversions can be spared with all inserts connected). All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion. Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency Lower DAW processor utilization rates The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units) Channel capacity expandable through linked units Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply

Discussions

Slate Vcc 2.0 anyone using it instead of summing mixer?

When we did a blind comparison of VCC versus the Nicersizer mk2, the results were rather interesting. More people chose the VCC's Brit 4k E and the VCC's Tri emulations over the hardware, but that doesn't mean the hardware also doesn't sound nice. Here's that test: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11121335-post2387.html Personally I don't have to work any harder...

View Post

Neve 8816 summing mixer, or mix dream or phoenix audio summing mixer

...HD ITB which yeah thats great so honestly i mean no i don't need pan knobs, etc., but like the MIX DREAM does NOT have pan knobs for example so there are some discrepencies (sorry bad spelling) between these three - they are just what me personally I'd like to go with instead of...

View Post

Antelope Audio introduces Orion 32 HD | Gen3 Flagship AD/DA Converter

Yes running it into an SPL Mixdream, but didn't have this issue with my symphony before.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?