The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

With the finest ingredients from SPL, the new flagship of SPL's channel strips establishes the basis for world-class recordings – and each of its particular processing stages can be inserted into studio environments or DAWs like analog plug-ins! The brand-new Frontliner has all tools on board to record vocals and instruments in perfect quality: it merges a preamp, a de-esser, an EQ and a compressor. Thanks to it's individual analog I/Os, all these powerful, hi-end analog processors can be inserted into any studio by the Frontliner pilot, i. e. to use them also during mixing and mastering. Thus it appears that the Frontliner is not reduced to a frontend device – especially DAW based studios get the chance to integrate high-grade analog processing at any stage of the audio production process.

Discussions

Inquiry: SPL Frontliner Model 2800 Channel Strip

Hi all, I'm just curious as to why GearSlutz (and the Internet) in general is so quiet about the SPL Frontliner? It looks like one of the best designs/tool boxes on paper, and fairly priced. It's also manufactured by zee Germans. Can anyone comment on this box? Is it really a master of all trades? Are any...

View Post

Klark Teknik KT-2A

...done with the KT-2A as it arrived: i lined it after the KT-76. Here's the full vocal chain: U87ai to SPL Frontliner using the tube preamp, deesser and EQ to the 76 to the 2A to an attenuator then to the converter. It's the best vocal chain I've ever had for tracking. I tracked 5 songs...

View Post

Klark Teknik KT-2A

Nice chain! Interesting, I've read where a few others have the 1176-kt going first. I had my 2A first when I got them then tried it with the 76 first. For me, I prefer the 2A first for some reason but I had the same AHA with recording my vocals, too. ...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?