The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The SPL Attacker micro-plugin employs the same processing technique as the original, and now legendary, SPL Transient Designer. Both rely on SPL’s Differential Envelope Technology that revolutionized dynamic processing with its level-independent methodology. Working with the Attacker is disarmingly simple: All attack events can be amplified regardless of their signal level. However, don’t let this plugin’s simplicity fool you — the possibilities for studio and live applications are seemingly endless. Traditionally, EQ has been used to separate instruments in a mix. By focusing on the initial transient instead of specific frequencies, the SPL Attacker amplifies just the attack curves of a sound event. This allows instruments to be mixed at lower levels, which opens up space in the mix while the relationship between tracks is preserved. Emphasize the attack of a kick drum or a loop to increase the power and presence in the mix. Adjust the apparent “distance” of the microphone by simply varying the ATTACK values. Increase the attack of guitar sounds for that in-your-face tone. The Analog Code “You have cracked the analog code!” That was the response from a hardware developer during listening tests of SPL’s plugin technology. The phrase quickly became associated with SPL to such a degree that the company decided it was the perfect name for their digital product line. And thus, SPL’s Analog Code brand was born. SPL hardware products can be found in the world’s most renowned facilities, and have become a staple for audio professionals ranging from home studio owners to top mastering engineers. With the growth of computer based audio systems, the need for the SPL sound in the form of a plugin has also grown. With Analog Code plugins, that coveted SPL sound can now be right inside your DAW.

Discussions

spl is giving away SPL Attacker for FREE

crashed my pt... flux bittersweet does this kind of thing for free also, havent had a chance to play with the attacker though...

View Post

Joey Sturgis Transify

...transient shapers - Did not meet my objectives for this test - CPU Usage: Low • SPL Attacker: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/spl_attacker.html - A full-bandwidth transient shaper - Somewhat subtle compared to the other plug-ins - Lacking the punch and snap of other plug-ins in the full-bandwidth category - Did not meet...

View Post

A&H Qu24 Chrome vs. Behringer X32

That doesn't make much sense, all I really did was stand my ground against a baseless attack, generally good practice in this industry. Obviously I was apologizing to everyone except the attacker, but if you don't want to accept it, no biggie.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?