The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Speck Electronics X.Sum is a 32 x 4 line mixer that can be used for external DAW summing or as a line mixer for synths, samplers, and effect returns. Any of the 16 stereo channels can be assigned to either the main stereo Mix output or the stereo Mix-B output. The X.Sum design takes you beyond the simple “hard-left” or “hard-right” summing box, and gives you 16 stereo input channels with level, pan, mix assign and mono select. The In's & Out's All audio inputs and outputs are fully balanced and available on TRS connectors. Connect the X.Sum to virtually any line level source: balanced, unbalanced, transformer, or transformer-less. The X.Sum has high headroom that will handle balanced signals up to +28dBu. 16 Stereo Line Inputs

• Stereo level control
  • Pan/balance control
  • Mix assign switch that routes input channel to the main stereo mix or Mix-B stereo mix
  • Mono Switch
  • Left and right balanced TRS inputs
Master Section
  • Master level control
  • Stereo/mono switch
  • Monitor/Phone level provides adjustment to headphone jack and Mix-B output
  • Balanced TRS stereo mix output
  • RJ-45 expander connector

Discussions

Speck X.Sum vs. other summing units.

...there's a certain quality to it when I pull it's headroom. I'm currently looking at better summing options and the X.Sum seems to be exactly what I'm after functionality wise but I'm wondering if it might be too clean for me. Other possible options (albeit a lot more expensive) are the SSL X Rack...

View Post

Summing just to get some warmth and better stereo image?

...stereo converters (the rme adi-2 pro is great but so are others) and a good little mixer (like the x.sum I mentioned or a nice vintage 8 track mixer). If you use the search function you´ll find a plethora of information on this topic ;)...

View Post

What's on your master bus? (analog only please)

Pro tools - DA - Speck XSum - MBPII - Gyraf G14 o Curve Bender - AD Sometimes SOC 1.1 o DBC 20 Regards

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?