The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

SoundToys created Decapitator by tracking and emulating the real dynamics of vintage gear - no static convolution here. That's why Decapitator Native lets you add anything from subtle odd harmonics to glowing even harmonics to your sound. Select from five different saturation modes and add spice to your bass, turn up the heat on your guitars and vocals, and beef up your kick drums. And when you want to unleash pure brutality, just punch in the Punishment button. It is available as part of the SoundToys 5 bundle or as seperate plugin download.

Discussions

Softube releases Harmonics Analog Saturation Processor

...modes and the knob - I have most of them spread throughout few plug-ins I already own (Inflator, Contemp Color, Decapitator, Devil Loc, True Iron) so I can't really find a saturation mode that's unique to Harmonics and can't be replicated. Lastly: the EQ: has various preset curves but is really a simple EQ and...

View Post

Dealing with digital "hardness/coldness"?

...eyes, as your eyes may tell you that you are being too extreme. I really like Fabfilter Saturn, but Decapitator is a great option too. I will often use a LOT of saturation on things like snare and bass instruments, but nothing is off limits. Do you have any mixes you can share...

View Post

Video Guides