The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Description Sapphyre sets a new standard fro compact multitrack recording consoles, with performance capable of exceeding that of digital mastering systems. The console is if the in-line monitor type, i.e. the monitoring path is physically in the same module as the corresponding input channel. This means that there are as many monitor paths available as there are input channels. The routing system allows any channel to route to any tape send via the 8 mix buses, or a channel can go direct to its own tape send, bypassing the bus. The Input/Output module is particularly flexible, allowing several of the module elements to appear in either the channel or monitor path. There is a highly versatile noise gate in every module which can be placed in either path, and a 4-band equalizer in tow sections, each of which may be switched to either path. The console is available in a range of frame sizes to accommodate 20, 28, 36, 44 or 52 Input/Output modules. Each frame includes comprehensive master facilities and 3 Dual Stereo Inputs, primarily intended for use a stereo Effects Return modules, but equally useful for bringing stereo sources such as CD players, multi-output instruments or stereo tape machines into the console. A Dual Line Input module is also available to increase the number of line inputs on mix down, and this module is specifically designed for use with MIDI-sequenced electronic instruments. This module provides two identical full-featured line inputs routed straight to the mix. Frames may be specified with Dual Line inputs in place of I/O modules in blocks of four. A full width meterbridge provides 20-segment LED meters for each I/O module, and 8-segment LED meters for each Dual Line Input and VU Master meters. Special provision is made for the interfacing of tape machines operating at +4dBu or -10dBV, with duplicated connectors provided for 2-track Tape Returns and Mix outputs and level switching on Tape Sends and Returns on each I/O module. Sapphyre condenses the essential features and performance of the large studio console ito a mixer within reach of everyone. Sapphyre is equally suited for additional rooms in big commercial studios, professional musician/producers with home studios, small broadcast production suites or video post production. Sapphyre is available with integral 8-module wide panel that provides patching for up to 52 I/O modules (48 tape tracks), Master functions and a maximum of 144 tie lines (96 are fitted as standard). The patch bay accommodates Stereo input and Dual Line input options, and provides the majority of external connections on EDAC multi pin connectors.

Discussions

Soundcraft sapphyre...

Has any one worked on a Soundcraft Sapphyre? Any good? I am looking for a console with at least 24 channels. I have been looking at TAC scorpions and other consoles in the sub $2000 range. How much is a Sapphyre worth? How are the EQ's, the one that I am looking at only has...

View Post

What is the sluttiest thing you have bought this year (2014)?

I bought an Audient asp4816 this morning:) Soon to be followed by an Apogee symphony. Quite a step up from a battered soundcraft sapphyre and motu 24 i/o!

View Post

Toft ATB Series out of Production?

...days, since they all are dropping in price daily, it seems. I had the same problem with my Soundcraft Sapphyre console, but once I spent about four grand and got Creation Audio Lab to recap and upgrade many of the channels, as well as, the main buss, and another couple of grand on...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?