The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Sontronics APOLLO, a Blumlein X/Y stereo ribbon microphone with all the silky smooth characteristics of the SIGMA… times two! The open basket design, inspired by the silhouette of a skyscraper, allows the APOLLO to soak up every nuance of your recording, capturing the whole ambience and resulting in a truly complete sound. If you wish, you can choose to use just one channel of APOLLO in mono recordings, making it a truly versatile microphone. APOLLO uses the same shockmount design that is unique to all our ribbon microphones, providing isolation from noise transmitted through the mic stand. The microphone and shockmount are supplied in a sturdy aluminium flightcase.

Discussions

Want to hear Sontronics Mics? Enter...

Sontronics Apollo in m/s on a student-run madrigal group: ay7SwSgrn9Y You can also here samples of the microphone here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/168643-sontronics-apollo.html?highlight=sontronics+apollo (Choral sample) https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-acoustic-music-location-recording/386512-schoeps-cmts-501-v-crown-sass-v-rode-nt5-piano.html#27 (Piano sample, compared to Schoeps)

View Post

What stereo ribbon should I choose?

...budget), what do you think of those? Soundwise, how do they compare to the royer? AEA R88 Pelsuo SR14 Sontronics Apollo Cascade X-15 any other suggestions? my main application is acoustic&elecctric guitar, piano and drums btw my preamps are the uln-8´s Thanks for your help!

View Post

Six cardio SDC pairs on grand piano

...CM3 - Schoeps MK 21 | Audio-Technica AT4041 - Oktava MK-012 - Line Audio CM3 - Schoeps MK21 | Sontronics Apollo - Schoeps MK21 - Beyerdynamic M 130 | Neumann M149 - Manley Reference Gold - Rode Classic II | Manley Reference Gold vs Rode Classic II DPA 4041 vs. Neumann KM 133 D...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?