The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The SRP 800 is a new high power active reference monitor. This SRP is excellent for loud monitoring without any audible loss in detail. The enclosure is pressure die cast aluminum that maximizes rigidity and lends it a unique form. The silk dome tweeter is nested in a custom waveguide to produce on and off axis linearity and a wide, detailed soundstage. The 8 " kevlar woofer produces deep bass and exceptional transient response. A new 175 + 100 watt biamplifier* drives the transducers optimally while providing adequate headroom and dynamics. The maximum SPL measures in at an impressive 112dB. DSP based internal processing with high quality ADC and DAC is employed for the crossover and also provides the 0.75dB step calibrated HF and LF room compensation EQs at the rear.* On the front is a level control ranging from mute to +6dB with centre detent at 0dB. Tapped inserts at the rear and bottom allow for various mounting options. The SRP 800 accepts XLR balanced inputs and is available in the following durable powder coat finishes: rich black, charcoal grey or snow white.

Discussions

New Sonodyne SRP line vs PSI vs Quested vs old Sonodyne - impressions

...almost not there, just some polished, round, into the box vocal etc. The direct match for KH 0300 would be Sonodyne SRP 800, as far as the size is concerned (which I hope to have here soon). When we put the smaller SRP 600 and switched between them, we felt that the Sonodyne bass is...

View Post

Best translating monitors (2.1 system) < $2.5K

...it's easy to fall in love with this kind of sound! It was a hard choice for me selecting the SRP800s over the Twins (at nearly the same price, based on a cheeky offer on the Twins), but at the end of the day, I chose to listen to my head and not my...

View Post

Are their any near-field monitors better than the ATC SCM25s

...user a professional listening option at a high level.'' But this magazine has interesting tastes as well: Studiomonitor im Test: Sonodyne SRP 800 | SOUND & RECORDING Quite curious why an Oscar winner like Sonodyne is no longer in the market, don't you think?

View Post