The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The SRP 400 is the most compact active reference monitor in the new SRP line. It is an excellent reference to understand how mixes translate to smaller speakers. The enclosure is pressure die cast aluminum that maximizes rigidity and lends it a unique form. The silk dome tweeter is nested in a custom waveguide to produce on and off axis linearity and a wide, detailed soundstage. The 4.5" CURV cone woofer produces impressive bass and transient response. A new 25 + 25 watt biamplifier* drives the transducers optimally while providing adequate headroom and dynamics. The maximum SPL measures in at an impressive 100dB. Room compensation HF and LF tilts are available at the rear. On the front is a level control ranging from mute to +6dB with centre detent at 0dB. Tapped inserts at the rear and bottom allow for various mounting options. The SRP 400 accepts XLR and TRS balanced inputs and is available in the following durable powder coat finishes: rich black, charcoal grey or snow white. Sonodyne SRP 400 Specifications Powered: ** *Yes Power Configuration: ** *Bi-amped LF Driver Size: ** *4.5" LF Driver Type: ** *Cone LF Driver Material: ** *CURV HF Driver Size: ** *1" HF Driver Type: ** *Dome HF Driver Material: ** *Silk LF Driver Power Amp: ** *25W HF Driver Power Amp: ** *25W Total Power: ** *50W Frequency Range: ** *75Hz-22kHz (±2dB) Crossover Frequency: ** *3kHz Maximum Peak SPL: ** *100dB Enclosure Type: ** *Ported Input Types: ** *1 x XLR, 1 x TRS Height: ** *9.13" Width: ** *6.3" Depth: ** *6.1" Weight: ** *9.7lbs.

Discussions

New Sonodyne SRP line vs PSI vs Quested vs old Sonodyne - impressions

...seemed that when no strong contrasting impulses are coming into them, they suddenly feel a bit "helpless". Even the small SRP 400 sounded clearly better in this comparison: simply straight, open, easy, natural and PSI with some artificial chemical "odour" as if, the sound was not real, nice and natural. The mentioned SRP 400 again...

View Post

Sonodyne appreciation thread

Count me in as a part of the club. I have listened to SRP400, 600 and 800. As well as all three in combination with their 12 " sub, model SLF312. I did a review of them too. In summary, the 400 has a slightly narrower image compared with the 600 and 800, but...

View Post

New monitors - low freq extension

Hi there, I want to upgrade my Sonodyne SRP400 + DT770 headphones to get some low end from speakers. My current room is ~4mx3m and my desk is by the longer wall. Before I move from here I have no option to get out from the wall so I think about closed constructions or...

View Post