The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The word of mouth is faster that the speed of sound! The Creamer is becoming the “go to” preamp for more and more discriminating engineers and producers! How is Creamer different from the rest of “the pack”? Its uniqueness lies in the fact that it has a very pleasing pentode coloration while retaining transparency until now achieved only with meticulously designed solid state preamps. The advanced hybrid design enables a switchable solid state or transformer output for two distinctively different characters. When you add a choice of pentode or triode tube mode, there are in fact 4 preamp sounds in it. Unlike some highly popular pro-audio gear manufacturers who use cheap Chinese transformers, we use only the highest quality Cinemag types on both input and output. The bottom line: Creamer will love everything you throw at it: vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, drums, percussion, acoustic instruments, etc.

Discussions

Sonic Farm Creamliner for Mastering

I'm not surprised, I have the the Sonic Creamer plus preamp + that I tried to use for mastering but it was difficult to calibrate because it's not stepped, anyway the result was very promising.

View Post

Best hardware to impart analog 3d-ness

...that becomes immediate when using certain analog gear, such as the BBAD HG-2, or LTL SB, or the Sonic Farm Creamer+, or N/A type pres, or Pultecs, all my assorted analog compressors, etc...That's the only thing that matters - I can hear it, feel it, and manipulate/duplicate it via analog gear, whereas that sensation...

View Post

Louder than Liftoff Silver Bullet first impressions

...without any issues whatsoever). I think there are ways to incorporate tube goodness in other ways. To wit, the Sonic Farm Creamer+ on the SB's inserts is a magical thing. The EQ points on it complements the SB to a tee. As well, the BBAD HG-2 is a wonderful pairing.

View Post