The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Since we have the songwriting section today, I guess I'll start with lyric. One of my way of writing is to absorbed into other...

Wiguan
replies: 23 views: 1,691
Wiguan 24th January 2012

Just an idea... It would be great if we could try to assemble a master list of chord progressions, BPM's, etc from all major...

Dz7
replies: 0 views: 917
Dz7 24th January 2012

Hi, I have a problem which is hampering my progress. I am not sure what causes it, but am gonna guess there is an unhealthy...

Murphster
replies: 27 views: 5,639
EmuChicken 23rd January 2012

After mis-reading Wiguan's thread title, I thought "is there any merit in just bashing out a first draft and rolling with...

Blast9
replies: 42 views: 3,041
Blast9 22nd January 2012

How about a thread on songs that have great lyrics? There some songs out there that will never be considered great but have the...

Murphster
replies: 0 views: 977
Murphster 22nd January 2012

At least for me anyway. I have no problem getting the initial idea. The challenge for me is to create other material that...

dsw67
replies: 22 views: 3,268
Unclenny 22nd January 2012

Hello, all! Is there a way of finding out if these chaps are legit? TAXI: record deals, publishing deal, film TV placement,...

GTBannah
replies: 2 views: 1,036
initialsBB 21st January 2012

Authors and Musicians... I have had some people tell me that composing music is easy, and that anyone can do it. Yes, anyone...

Danny Zuko
replies: 8 views: 3,102
Benprogfuse 21st January 2012

I wrote this new track. The basic part is a Gmajor to a Cmajor. Pretty much ur basic I to IV pop structure. So I tried a whole...

tha]-[acksaw
replies: 9 views: 1,756
Kierkes 21st January 2012

I like most go through a process before I start writing (although sometimes not!) I normally listen to 3-4 songs to get a vibe...

Danny Zuko
replies: 31 views: 3,804
baskervils 21st January 2012

Hey guys, My name is Marcus D' Tray, I have produced records for Trey Songz, Maino, Style P, Jeezy, Gorilla Zoe, Sheek Louch,...

Dtray187
replies: 2 views: 2,279
PeteGJ 20th January 2012

Hey Everyone, I'm doing a research study on people who record their own music. If that's you and you're 18 or over and...

adampatrickbell
replies: 0 views: 970
adampatrickbell 18th January 2012

Hola songwriters! Producer/songwriter here. Have some tracks that need specific styles of toplines. Please send me a PM with your...

bossman
replies: 0 views: 1,248
bossman 17th January 2012

Hi All! Cool to see that this songwriting forum is here now, this is just something I was looking for. I am interested in...

pass-out
replies: 4 views: 1,242
- Michael P - 17th January 2012

Who here writes list-songs? "My Favorite Things," (music: Richard Rodgers, lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein) being a...

jabney
replies: 7 views: 1,351
fret_burn 17th January 2012

uh auw eee-ah Eaeiouuuu! I'm currently doing a very interesting rather intense song writing collaboration in the Prog Metal...

Blast9
replies: 2 views: 1,584
Blast9 17th January 2012

Well, if any of you are into Sound Opinions Sound Opinions from WBEZ Chicago Jim and Greg have a bit on their show called...

garymusic
replies: 9 views: 1,376
SFB 17th January 2012

Songwriting can take many forms and approaches (obviously). Aside from the metronome, what gear has affected the way you craft...

Studiodawg
replies: 27 views: 2,423
Mark Kaufman 16th January 2012

Hi, I live outside the US or UK and not sure where to start on trying to promote my songs. I did try a couple of things...

andrebrito
replies: 9 views: 1,577
schwapj 16th January 2012

Captain Beefheart's 10 Commandments of Guitar Playing 1. Listen to the birds. That's where all the music comes from. Birds know...

ekendra
replies: 14 views: 4,471
Fast Frets 16th January 2012

Great to see a Song Writing Forum here at GSz Get your work read and critiqued and help when you have the good old writers...

Danny Zuko
replies: 5 views: 1,192
Johnny Favorite 16th January 2012

Most of what this website is about is science and craft. And that's why we all love Gearslutz as much as we do. But songwriting...

juicylime
replies: 1 views: 1,396
Johnny Favorite 16th January 2012

Hi all, I've been working with harmony lines on backing vox recently, but I've stumbled apon this certain harmony that I can't...

Hedley K
replies: 4 views: 1,207
Hedley K 15th January 2012

Share your secrets for copying sections in an un-obvious, less robotic fashion. Example: You may paste a second chorus but...

muscleman
replies: 4 views: 1,133
initialsBB 15th January 2012

Beatles HELP. Where's the chorus?

ritelec
replies: 16 views: 1,605
creegstor 11th January 2012

Gearslutz User Reviews! Give-away this January is an sE Munro Egg monitor system! Gearslutz has launched a new User Review...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 956
Jules 5th January 2012

So I'm looking at some of the features found on this link Guitar Tab Software I understand the principals of music theory, but...

CrankyRayHanky
replies: 17 views: 1,355
CrankyRayHanky 29th July 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search