The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello People! I dunno if Im posting this in the correct forum, but this seems to be the most appropriate one. I am looking for...

pedrogoya
replies: 0 views: 878
pedrogoya 7th February 2012

Hello to everyone, hope you are well, I have a question about a song I am learning. It is in the key of C. Chords in the intro...

replies: 13 views: 1,726
1964 6th February 2012

Hi, does anyone know who to contact regarding clearing a sample @ Capitol Records?? Hope you can help! Thanks in advance!!

twitter
replies: 5 views: 1,278
Paulie Storm 6th February 2012

Hi. I wondered if any of you clever people might have any thoughts on these lyrics. Lyrics are easily my weakest link - I...

Murphster
replies: 11 views: 1,137
creegstor 5th February 2012

Just curious how other forumites come up with their vocal melodies and phrasing. I've never really used my voice as an...

sam adams
replies: 22 views: 15,051
jpoprock 3rd February 2012

Why is this pleasant to the human ear? Yeah it's overused but it's beautiful..... right?

georgebarnett
replies: 37 views: 4,336
Happy Musicfan 3rd February 2012

Does anyone know how to work around legally when borrowing a melody? Not sampling, but taking someone elses melody, with new...

pchv
replies: 22 views: 4,100
Happy Musicfan 3rd February 2012

Hey, Do you know The fastest guitar player is José del Rio (Chile) who played ’Duelling Banjos’ at a speed of 250 bpm in Las...

lostprin36
replies: 1 views: 999
andrebrito 1st February 2012

So I'm looking for artists that use diminished chords as frequently as possible, but also tastefully. Just wondering if anyone...

Si1v3RfaNg
replies: 3 views: 2,181
andrebrito 1st February 2012

So I decided to make a new song that sound a lot like the 80's. I have use the 80's drum set in my Fantom G. They sound good! I...

grace24
replies: 4 views: 1,061
grace24 31st January 2012

Can one perform and record older jazz standards with their own lyrics added? These are songs that had no original lyrics. Do...

Anthony777
replies: 1 views: 2,062
Brent Hahn 31st January 2012

i-v-vi-iv in the key of C = C minor - G minor - A minor - F minor ... correct ? I-V-vi-IV in the key of C = C major - G major -...

Happy Musicfan
replies: 2 views: 1,883
theblue1 31st January 2012

Hi, This is not really a songwriting question, but I don't know where else to post it since it doesn't fit any of the forum...

drichard
replies: 4 views: 1,219
HeimBrent 31st January 2012

This might be of some interest to others as well, but does anyone know of a guide or website that lists what would be considered...

jeremy.c.
replies: 0 views: 990
jeremy.c. 30th January 2012

So I'm writing & recording some new songs at the moment and I'd love to work with a string player over the net. I have some...

marcreeves
replies: 0 views: 1,230
marcreeves 30th January 2012

I wasn't really sure where to post these as they have ceased to be demos, but yeah, any and all feedback welcome. Tiny...

Butcha
replies: 2 views: 1,013
Butcha 29th January 2012

Are my songwriting skills any good? I feel so free like a dove gliding in the air Shoot me down and I will Only beg for more...

SpencerLevey
replies: 4 views: 1,670
Travis3Miller 29th January 2012
replies: 1 views: 1,005
brockorama 28th January 2012

Ok so I sang my first song yesterday. Recorded. Found "my" key Transposed my track Melodyned it to...

Danny Zuko
replies: 27 views: 3,114
hJocelyn 27th January 2012

Hey, do you think you are the best as a Musician! Actually, many bands are looking for new talent.

lostprin36
replies: 2 views: 1,048
ml692787 26th January 2012

Anyone want to collaborate on writing parts for songs? I am hindered in my abilities to play guitar and sing. So, I send you...

popetompaul
replies: 1 views: 1,022
ml692787 26th January 2012

Do you get it? How do you deal with it?

juicylime
replies: 54 views: 3,550
Unclenny 25th January 2012

Sometimes I get stuck in my songwriting. I think all of us do. Here are some things I do to get unstuck: 1) Listen to music I...

fadrian
replies: 13 views: 1,323
MuzoBlog 25th January 2012

Since we have the songwriting section today, I guess I'll start with lyric. One of my way of writing is to absorbed into other...

Wiguan
replies: 23 views: 1,632
Wiguan 24th January 2012

Just an idea... It would be great if we could try to assemble a master list of chord progressions, BPM's, etc from all major...

Dz7
replies: 0 views: 859
Dz7 24th January 2012

Hi, I have a problem which is hampering my progress. I am not sure what causes it, but am gonna guess there is an unhealthy...

Murphster
replies: 27 views: 5,361
EmuChicken 23rd January 2012

After mis-reading Wiguan's thread title, I thought "is there any merit in just bashing out a first draft and rolling with...

Blast9
replies: 42 views: 2,873
Blast9 22nd January 2012

How about a thread on songs that have great lyrics? There some songs out there that will never be considered great but have the...

Murphster
replies: 0 views: 920
Murphster 22nd January 2012

At least for me anyway. I have no problem getting the initial idea. The challenge for me is to create other material that...

dsw67
replies: 22 views: 3,208
Unclenny 22nd January 2012

Hello, all! Is there a way of finding out if these chaps are legit? TAXI: record deals, publishing deal, film TV placement,...

GTBannah
replies: 2 views: 993
initialsBB 21st January 2012

Authors and Musicians... I have had some people tell me that composing music is easy, and that anyone can do it. Yes, anyone...

Danny Zuko
replies: 8 views: 3,053
Benprogfuse 21st January 2012

I wrote this new track. The basic part is a Gmajor to a Cmajor. Pretty much ur basic I to IV pop structure. So I tried a whole...

tha]-[acksaw
replies: 9 views: 1,706
Kierkes 21st January 2012

I like most go through a process before I start writing (although sometimes not!) I normally listen to 3-4 songs to get a vibe...

Danny Zuko
replies: 31 views: 3,686
baskervils 21st January 2012

Hey guys, My name is Marcus D' Tray, I have produced records for Trey Songz, Maino, Style P, Jeezy, Gorilla Zoe, Sheek Louch,...

Dtray187
replies: 2 views: 2,224
PeteGJ 20th January 2012

Hey Everyone, I'm doing a research study on people who record their own music. If that's you and you're 18 or over and...

adampatrickbell
replies: 0 views: 906
adampatrickbell 18th January 2012

Hola songwriters! Producer/songwriter here. Have some tracks that need specific styles of toplines. Please send me a PM with your...

bossman
replies: 0 views: 1,197
bossman 17th January 2012

Hi All! Cool to see that this songwriting forum is here now, this is just something I was looking for. I am interested in...

pass-out
replies: 4 views: 1,184
- Michael P - 17th January 2012

Who here writes list-songs? "My Favorite Things," (music: Richard Rodgers, lyrics: Oscar Hammerstein) being a...

jabney
replies: 7 views: 1,267
fret_burn 17th January 2012

uh auw eee-ah Eaeiouuuu! I'm currently doing a very interesting rather intense song writing collaboration in the Prog Metal...

Blast9
replies: 2 views: 1,500
Blast9 17th January 2012

Well, if any of you are into Sound Opinions Sound Opinions from WBEZ Chicago Jim and Greg have a bit on their show called...

garymusic
replies: 9 views: 1,328
SFB 17th January 2012

Songwriting can take many forms and approaches (obviously). Aside from the metronome, what gear has affected the way you craft...

Studiodawg
replies: 27 views: 2,375
Mark Kaufman 16th January 2012

Hi, I live outside the US or UK and not sure where to start on trying to promote my songs. I did try a couple of things...

andrebrito
replies: 9 views: 1,498
schwapj 16th January 2012

Captain Beefheart's 10 Commandments of Guitar Playing 1. Listen to the birds. That's where all the music comes from. Birds know...

ekendra
replies: 14 views: 4,272
Fast Frets 16th January 2012

Great to see a Song Writing Forum here at GSz Get your work read and critiqued and help when you have the good old writers...

Danny Zuko
replies: 5 views: 1,127
Johnny Favorite 16th January 2012

Most of what this website is about is science and craft. And that's why we all love Gearslutz as much as we do. But songwriting...

juicylime
replies: 1 views: 1,317
Johnny Favorite 16th January 2012

Hi all, I've been working with harmony lines on backing vox recently, but I've stumbled apon this certain harmony that I can't...

Hedley K
replies: 4 views: 1,158
Hedley K 15th January 2012

Share your secrets for copying sections in an un-obvious, less robotic fashion. Example: You may paste a second chorus but...

muscleman
replies: 4 views: 1,061
initialsBB 15th January 2012

Beatles HELP. Where's the chorus?

ritelec
replies: 16 views: 1,517
creegstor 11th January 2012

Gearslutz User Reviews! Give-away this January is an sE Munro Egg monitor system! Gearslutz has launched a new User Review...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 897
Jules 5th January 2012

So I'm looking at some of the features found on this link Guitar Tab Software I understand the principals of music theory, but...

CrankyRayHanky
replies: 17 views: 1,279
CrankyRayHanky 29th July 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search