The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

LINK - The Dream If you were me, what would you do with these songs? I've licensed songs through a small publisher for TV...

bladelaw
replies: 1 views: 1,122
brockorama 23rd April 2013

Hello, I've been working on a beat, I added these vocals and just started writing a bassline. Im trying to get it in Key. I...

Shubelo
replies: 9 views: 1,550
cmockett 22nd April 2013

I have been experimenting with a few different genres of EDM and I started a dubstep song, the intro, melody, build up are all...

RusTee R3cord
replies: 3 views: 1,320
RyanC 21st April 2013

Hey just wondering if any of you guys can think of any pop songs where the music in the 2nd verse is slightly different from the...

cbd
replies: 17 views: 2,465
Titus Pullo 21st April 2013

Over that instrumental section before the end chorus, I feel like it needs one, but I figured I would see what someone else...

FAMPF
replies: 1 views: 722
Mr. Lau 21st April 2013

Ok... I can play electric guitar pretty well, record some basic rock/Americana stuff (see slobberbone and drive by truckers)...

replies: 2 views: 815
248566 20th April 2013

Looking to recreate a tom roll and a cymbal swooosh at the end. (taiko type...or maybe something with a cinematic feel to it)...

ClaudeM
replies: 0 views: 1,055
ClaudeM 20th April 2013

Question for those that write horn parts for popular music: how do you write exciting parts when only two horns are available...

Joeywhat
replies: 5 views: 1,087
jdsowa 20th April 2013

What do you guys think of this idea: When getting to the phase of recording vocals, record a piano part that follows the rythym...

_Mark
replies: 2 views: 741
pinkheadedbug 20th April 2013

Hi. I would like to write a new love song with deep and meaningful lyrics.I want to make sure that the music itself is ideal...

Denv12
replies: 45 views: 2,483
Reverb 19th April 2013

I've got a jazz trio, some clips of us playing live (both audio and video) have been posted on YouTube by third party's. these...

tomkin123
replies: 1 views: 855
Joeywhat 19th April 2013

Hello friends. I am dead set on becoming a professional songwriter (country music) in Nashville and have some questions. If...

cosmicwonder
replies: 3 views: 968
cosmicwonder 17th April 2013

I'm not exactly looking to be an overnight sensation, or the next John Mayer (although I wouldn't mind), but my overall goal is...

ctravis595
replies: 14 views: 1,802
ProggaWogga 17th April 2013

apart from the obvious power chords, what other types of chords are often used in modern pop punk and rock? I'm looking to right...

krisalker
replies: 7 views: 11,633
rjo361 17th April 2013

So I'm trying to start paving some in-roads into the music library and licensing community. Over last last 6 months or so I have...

Josh Rose
replies: 14 views: 2,776
pinkheadedbug 16th April 2013

Just released today... pure electro pop but with a real musicians twist... critiques? suggestions? opinion? Thank a lot...

EcHo2K
replies: 2 views: 706
EcHo2K 15th April 2013

Ok, so when i write songs i feel like my **** is to simple and not lyrical enough. But while im writing i cant think of...

kizzybeatz
replies: 25 views: 1,824
kizzybeatz 14th April 2013

hi. do i have to make my own publishing company in order to get the publishing rights of a song i write? what am i missing,...

skepsys82
replies: 1 views: 638
HocusPokus 14th April 2013

Hey everyone, I have posted a slew of new instrumentals on my SoundCloud. https://soundcloud.com/sethjproduction Check...

Seth Johnson
replies: 2 views: 1,324
RyanC 14th April 2013

Hi all, Not sure where to post this so I decided to place it here. I am selling my entire collection of songwriting books...

andrebrito
replies: 0 views: 1,047
andrebrito 12th April 2013

One of the songs I like listening to is "Biggest part of me".,By Ambrosia.I like the drumbeat/tempo.I want to use that...

Denv12
replies: 14 views: 1,300
Denv12 12th April 2013

I use Reason and I was surfing around and found this cool site and this dude is videoing a song he wrote and it's pretty cool, he...

microstudio
replies: 1 views: 916
miscend 12th April 2013

Hi Slutz! i am kindly asking your help to figure out which is the overall style of an album i have just put online. I need...

ohyo
replies: 6 views: 935
ohyo 12th April 2013

Ok, I'm in music biz class. Teacher brought up joining one. I've been putting off for years. Figure before I die, I should. SO:...

bodacious
replies: 17 views: 5,331
ffguitar69 11th April 2013

Hi all. I'm trying to figure out how circle progressions work. Wikipedia says that a circle progression consists of...

xsdance
replies: 10 views: 1,885
xsdance 11th April 2013

For the songwriters here as others tend to get caught up in the tech of instruments... :p I've recently revived my songwriting...

billt2
replies: 10 views: 2,321
billt2 10th April 2013

Hi, i am a brazilian singer songwriter and just finished my last album that i composed performed produced rec and mix. some...

Fabio Barros
replies: 2 views: 856
Fabio Barros 10th April 2013

So, I've grown really attached to this song, possibly because of it's implications... freshflowe but, really seeking some...

ColinMcDonald
replies: 2 views: 777
AldenW 10th April 2013

DAW: Logic Pro 9 BPM: 102 Hi, i'm having trouble quantizing a certain rhythm that im using in one of my compositions. the...

Explojoseph
replies: 19 views: 1,085
RKrizman 10th April 2013

hey guys, first - thanks for the new subforum.. even if i consider myself an electronic musician, i'm writing all my songs on...

tomika
replies: 1 views: 729
FAMPF 9th April 2013

Bare with me. On your right hand hit a rooted Fm Chord in the 2nd octave (c2) of a piano/keyboard, while on your left hand,...

Ambience
replies: 5 views: 1,212
Impromptu 7th April 2013

Hi! I'm working on some reggae tracks and I'm dumbfounded as to how to arrange brass for reggae. What is the typical...

relhm
replies: 8 views: 11,567
Impromptu 7th April 2013

Dear all, I would like a bit of help if possible. i'm trying to setup some new equipment for recording. I've got a macbook pro...

Drummer212000
replies: 1 views: 757
theblue1 7th April 2013

Could we maybe corral all the 'my band released a new single' threads into one of the sticky threads? We already have 'rough...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 13 views: 1,247
pinkheadedbug 6th April 2013

I was listening to a singer/songwriter recently and I couldn't help but think that all their songs sound the same. Sure they're...

ido1957
replies: 24 views: 3,292
fdsaevad 5th April 2013

Here's a quick read on why good creative ideas come to us in the shower: Why we have our best ideas in the shower...

Jim Rosebrook
replies: 17 views: 2,829
fdsaevad 5th April 2013

I was just trying to pull together all the little snippets of songs and riffs that I've recorded over the last 2 years or so that...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 6 views: 1,284
jiggitysmith 4th April 2013

I'm not sure what royalty plan service i'll be eventually into or how much i'll be making from digital downloads but is it still...

Man-Machine
replies: 0 views: 833
Man-Machine 4th April 2013

Hi all, I'm currently doing some analysis looking at chord progressions, and occasionally come across something that doesn't fit...

smili
replies: 5 views: 1,943
smili 3rd April 2013
replies: 4 views: 582
j0el 2nd April 2013

Let me state I'm a fan. The original artists just posted this. This is EPIC. 4smeg8IyYUM If you agree, send it to your...

muziekschuur
replies: 22 views: 2,535
GetCreativeSongs 1st April 2013

Hey i don't know if anyone will see this message but im 17 and i started producing music. It would be amazing if anyone could...

Fahjah
replies: 5 views: 624
Mr. Lau 1st April 2013

The 10 Easiest Things Dance Songs Ask of You | Overthinking It

skira
replies: 3 views: 1,058
initialsBB 30th March 2013

Today is my 45th birthday, so I hope you won't mind if I share this with all my songwriting brethren. I have a new album out...

brill bedroom
replies: 9 views: 1,115
brill bedroom 29th March 2013

Can people tell me what good and bad about my demo? i realize theres a lot I can improve on. Around (Prom Song) by...

SoundTravels1
replies: 0 views: 611
SoundTravels1 28th March 2013

For official release. Red Light Masters is proud to release "Independence" the third single from the upcoming record...

519tbarr
replies: 0 views: 791
519tbarr 28th March 2013

Hello, So I've been writing songs for something like 15 years now and I feel very confident in my songwriting abilities. ...

duckdodgers
replies: 14 views: 2,474
Jose 27th March 2013

I wonder if there's anyone can help me with this. I have song which can be parsed broadly with this form: Intro Verse...

creegstor
replies: 6 views: 1,032
creegstor 26th March 2013

I'm interested in hearing some good rock, punk rock, hard rock etc compositions 'coz I'm kinda bored hearing all the big...

AbhinavBairathi
replies: 1 views: 1,104
AbhinavBairathi 24th March 2013

That's right. I wrote and recorded a concept album. There are so many albums I love which tell stories, so I thought I'd do one...

Electric Sugar
replies: 12 views: 1,915
Electric Sugar 24th March 2013

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search