The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Songwriting

Sub forums RSS Feed for Songwriting
Lyricist's Corner
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 5,771 views: 329,662
cjogo 15 hours ago

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 5,271 views: 231,540
cjogo 3 days ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 34 views: 22,625
HSA7 22nd February 2014

It's a new video platform called bit.tube It has decentralized hosting so videos cannot be downloaded/pirated and on top of...

Jose
replies: 9 views: 448
psykostx 9 minutes ago

Hi there! I have a simple question that may possibly have a complicated answer. What do you call an old track that is newly...

_._
replies: 4 views: 359
_._ 14 hours ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 321 views: 23,485
Herr Weiss 2 days ago

Anyone know what kind of organ Al Kooper is playing on Dylan's "I Want You?" Very specific sound, and I don't know that...

Paul Einhaus
replies: 0 views: 226
Paul Einhaus 3 days ago

Hi guys, do you know any contemporary songs which are using variations of the 60s-like uptempo beat you find attached? I'm...

Carsten Kaiser
replies: 0 views: 250
Carsten Kaiser 4 days ago

I'm lost. If this is s hit then I can just move on. Please tell me..

musicmonster
replies: 286 views: 24,873
staticwhitesound 4 days ago

Hi guys. I'm a bit lost as to a few chords I chose to use in a UK 2 Step garage thing I am working on. I originally settled...

red tape
replies: 6 views: 458
red tape 5 days ago

Hello during practicing sessions. I may discover some cool ideas I want to record and work with latter. I don't want to launch my...

MikeHarper
replies: 4 views: 354
MikeHarper 5 days ago

Hi, one of my songs is a remake of the song 'Hello' by Adele. The music composition is completely different and 100% originally...

susus123
replies: 3 views: 399
newguy1 5 days ago

It's a tune I created a few months ago that doesn't really fit into any category that I know of. I tried it on Music Xray and...

daang
replies: 3 views: 324
newguy1 5 days ago

Hello, all - Please take the time to read and fill out this survey from The Copyright Alliance regarding proposed increases in...

John Eppstein
replies: 3 views: 399
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Hey guys, I would like to know what is your most used process of writing a song, for instance: first I begin with the idea of...

Magic Music Box
replies: 11 views: 887
Dr. Mordo 1 week ago

Re pop songs that just repeat four chords for the whole song (more or less), without any transitions to different chord...

Carnalia Barcus
replies: 49 views: 1,826
gradivus 2 weeks ago

I love how his songs sound like poems, it has a lot of passion. It’s almost like an Shakespeare play. Any advice on how to...

producer679
replies: 3 views: 424
Carsten Kaiser 2 weeks ago

On my computer, I have multiple folders for different projects. One of which is labeled "BS". In this folder, songs are...

Poupou
replies: 2 views: 346
bill5 2 weeks ago

I cant figure out how to write a bass line with few notes, repeated through a whole song without judging it as too simple. In...

YourBestFriend
replies: 12 views: 677
WDM 2 weeks ago

Hey all, I almost went the entire month of July without a new blog post, but finally posted one yesterday. This one is about the...

top40
replies: 7 views: 367
top40 2 weeks ago

it's a skill, not inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjtOa8d_BHU

Dave.R
replies: 5 views: 646
hhamilton 2 weeks ago

Hi fellow slutz, how about discussing some books, which are inspiring or even changing our work and thinking as songwriters?...

Carsten Kaiser
replies: 3 views: 350
Carsten Kaiser 2 weeks ago

I'm a singer/guitarist/bass/keys player who likes all types of music, but my favourite style and chosen direction at a given time...

liamhutch89
replies: 7 views: 515
Snail 3 weeks ago

I put together a tool for finding chords to try in a given key. Give it a try and let me know if you find it useful or if you...

Jmfreeland
replies: 8 views: 793
Carsten Kaiser 3 weeks ago

Any recommendations? I know there is at least one in Gotland Sweden Gotland International Songwriters Retreat - Home |...

von spets
replies: 2 views: 447
Carsten Kaiser 3 weeks ago

How to Write --- "A broad nibbed stubbed pen " --- A hit every time kfhkh RULES from the 20's

cjogo
replies: 1 views: 595
bill5 3 weeks ago

More so a vent thread... I recently got into listening to Max Martin instrumentals, and they are literally in some superior far...

killsganti
replies: 55 views: 4,726
hello people 3 weeks ago

Music and dance go hand in hand and this goes back to the beginning of the human race. When we would be putting a set...

SingerSongWriter
replies: 12 views: 834
theblue1 3 weeks ago

Not saying terrible, but songs which you know or feel are just kind of "eh" right out of the gate. You may be thinking...

bill5
replies: 30 views: 1,163
Boydbob 3 weeks ago

This may be a better sub-forum for this! I need to know what key this song is in; for a work situ'. Can anyone...

OK GO
replies: 1 views: 281
yosserten 3 weeks ago

A Painless Death by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Somasu
replies: 1 views: 229
bainmack 3 weeks ago

I've never been a big lead (guitar) player but really want to be able to play lead in the style in this song (the solo in...

MartieFuncum
replies: 33 views: 934
MartieFuncum 4 weeks ago

When recording yourself, how does your environment look like, how does it feel? A couch or a chair? iPad or an old school...

Arseny
replies: 9 views: 569
jerry123 4 weeks ago

Morning fellow noise-makers! I wanted to share this over-long song with you guys for a few reasons. I wanted to know if you...

dislocatedlove
replies: 10 views: 850
littleeden 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I recently put out a new song and am looking for constructive feedback. Objective opinions would be much...

jimmyhots
replies: 0 views: 356
jimmyhots 4 weeks ago

I have managed, in the course of the last ten years when in between clients, to create an eleven song record of my own music. ...

steveschizoid
replies: 0 views: 333
steveschizoid 4 weeks ago

I have managed, in the course of the last ten years when in between clients, to create an eleven song record of my own music. ...

steveschizoid
replies: 0 views: 310
steveschizoid 4 weeks ago

Let me just start by saying that I am aware that the best way to know the struggles of playing an instrument is to actually play...

IgneousRay
replies: 28 views: 1,261
Sharp11 16th July 2018

Yo, This is my latest release! I typically produce and write for other people, but I wanted to release this one for myself....

CX3Music
replies: 0 views: 324
CX3Music 15th July 2018

Carry On by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Somasu
replies: 0 views: 402
Somasu 10th July 2018

Hey everyone. I was wanting to get some opinions from folks on their preferred method of building a song from start to finish,...

Spectralgeth
replies: 0 views: 379
Spectralgeth 9th July 2018

Hi all The most common issue I run into as a producer/co-writer is artists who settle for sub-par lyrics. Have you guys got...

uplift123
replies: 2 views: 469
theblue1 7th July 2018

After studying for some time this issue(432Hz vs. 440Hz) I came to the conclusion that: 1. Most producers(99,9%) have no idea...

AndreiPiatra
replies: 461 views: 8,079
12ax7 1st July 2018

I pose this question respectfully to those who thoroughly know and enjoy his music. Any suggestions and specific song examples to...

eldon2975
replies: 149 views: 4,881
Bob Ross 29th June 2018

Looking for a vocalist and topline writer to sing and write on produced tracks. Can work together on writing. Mostly work on pop...

mingojr
replies: 3 views: 880
fynyxnation 29th June 2018

Hi all, I recently posted another article on Top40Theory--this time about Bebe Rexha's new single, "I'm a Mess", and...

top40
replies: 2 views: 493
top40 29th June 2018

Probably not the right forum, but didn't see a better option... I play keys and sax in a cover band. Nothing serious, we...

Joeywhat
replies: 17 views: 595
Joeywhat 25th June 2018

Hi Folks In the attached interview at around 10.45sec Arnthor Birgisson (who worked with Max Martin for 5 years) states words to...

Cinemascope
replies: 42 views: 9,388
Spectromatix 22nd June 2018

I know I shouldn’t be playing a bass through a guitar amp but I never bought the guitar. My question is about the sound of...

Barrabus
replies: 2 views: 431
Barrabus 22nd June 2018

Composers write music. Producers don’t write music. Producers major job duty is too supervise and oversee. Like a project...

Sagicorn35
replies: 11 views: 800
Sagicorn35 20th June 2018
replies: 1 views: 437
Thevegasnerve 20th June 2018

Hi all. Part of my effort to step outside of my songwriting comfort zone involves trying to learn songs that sound unconventional...

suburbanbeat
replies: 9 views: 649
Carnalia Barcus 19th June 2018

Hey guys Please tell me what tips you would like to give to younger yourself. What kind of things would you do differently...

EvgenyStudio
replies: 31 views: 1,700
newguy1 19th June 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search