The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,014
Views: 2,014
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 7,128 views: 294,757
Zargg 9 hours ago

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 6,201 views: 368,069
Unclenny 20 hours ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 34 views: 25,307
HSA7 22nd February 2014

Hi guys, Do I suck, or is my singing acceptable ? Here are two random clips. How would you rate my singing & my pitch ? I...

Lucifer
replies: 2 views: 172
nickknack 1 hour ago

Hi! So I have been thinking about this for a while and also had a chat with my manager about it as he had the same impression....

CarlCarlsson
replies: 207 views: 8,650
s wave 21 hours ago

In your opinion, does this (0:44) XefiWRskYk4 Rip this (0:43)? aznod0Ij43g

newguy1
replies: 0 views: 217
newguy1 1 day ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 370 views: 28,375
Herr Weiss 1 day ago

Anyone could write me a song for my girlfriend? lol just 4 or 8 lines... doesn't have to be longer. She is American from...

AlanWalk
replies: 4 views: 443
brockorama 2 days ago

Hi there, I am releasing a single with a friend that is not registered anywhere as an artist. - First question: When I am...

Rasjerry
replies: 0 views: 261
Rasjerry 2 days ago

Hi! I have two little simple indie/pop rock melodies in my head, and I'm trying to figure out what notes I am humming as well as...

Tommy Zai
replies: 0 views: 257
Tommy Zai 3 days ago

Hi everybody. Gotta question. When it comes to arrangement for a song. Do you see this as a step in production? Or is it it’s...

Sagicorn35
replies: 2 views: 289
Sagicorn35 4 days ago

"Goodbye, my friend, goodbye" Goodbye, my friend, goodbye My love, you are in my heart. It was preordained we...

AlanWalk
replies: 1 views: 362
theblue1 6 days ago

An artist I work with wants to release a song we did together, I did all the production. The songwriting is split 50/50. On...

mat1
replies: 6 views: 778
bgood 6 days ago

Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well today. Let's say I have a song that I've released as an artist myself, and it's on...

NewWriter
replies: 2 views: 395
newguy1 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 291
kygholiday 1 week ago

Hey! Does anybody have insight on the everyday life of top40 producers? I am having trouble creating pop tracks that are...

tehuku
replies: 3 views: 718
Uncovered Pitch 1 week ago

Hi, so I am working with someone and we are working on her song. (Singer songwriter type stuff). I need some tips on how to...

telecode
replies: 6 views: 444
telecode 1 week ago

I hope posting this particular topic in here is the right place to go. I haven't been to GS in quite a while, and sometimes it's...

Mister Fox
replies: 0 views: 292
Mister Fox 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 303
Mendocino beano 1 week ago

Hey good people of Gearslutz, just wondering if anybody here is nocturnal like me and how they deal with the problem of volume...

Vityaz
replies: 8 views: 546
vincentvangogo 1 week ago

I would definitely appreciate if you could review my lyrics Did you see the hoodie men praying in the night they was praying...

brucefiction
replies: 1 views: 309
Dave.R 2 weeks ago

When I need inspiration and motivation I dig into songs of old... I love videos like this......

s wave
replies: 2 views: 342
s wave 2 weeks ago

I've been writing songs for 44 years now, and I have never once uttered the term 'yeah' in any of them. Just wondering who...

johnny nowhere
replies: 38 views: 1,081
theblue1 2 weeks ago

Idk if i can post this here but here is it: If you want to finish your everlasting project or just a song just contact me...

pablometal
replies: 0 views: 328
pablometal 2 weeks ago

Hello there, would appreciate some of your tips for songwriting, please! 1. what comes first music or words? 2. do you...

Sonic_X
replies: 6 views: 594
yep 2 weeks ago

I went around for years saying, "Oh, my influences are far too expansive to list." Until some time ago, I realised that...

johnny nowhere
replies: 13 views: 648
elegentdrum 2 weeks ago

Hi all, This week I took my first crack at making an infographic - about pentatonic scales and why they are so prevalent in pop....

top40
replies: 15 views: 1,440
b0se 2 weeks ago

Once in a while, I stumble across cover versions of songs which are so different from the original they are basically their own...

PitW
replies: 23 views: 957
TheRealSPH3 2 weeks ago

Sorry not sure what else to call it or how to describe it.....basically it's when you hear a turn of a phrase or something...

bill5
replies: 5 views: 547
bgood 3 weeks ago
replies: 1 views: 433
bill5 4 weeks ago

Got a music theory mystery which I could use some help in decoding. Say we are making a song in the key of D minor. That...

Samando
replies: 13 views: 658
Dave Polich 4 weeks ago

All of a sudden it struck me, this song doesn't really have a chorus, does it? To me it's more like verse, bridge, breakdown,...

jupiter8
replies: 25 views: 1,326
bill5 4 weeks ago

I would like members of the Community to give their opinions of Rap Music... I am fully aware of all the negative connotations...

FraternalHouse
replies: 662 views: 47,500
EvilRoy 4 weeks ago

Hello Everyone, Apologies if a thread like this has been made. Anyway, I've been learning and making music for the past few...

glasspipe
replies: 20 views: 1,038
terrible.dee 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone else on GS likes writing chords, harmony etc. As it’s come to my attention that very...

xanderbeanz
replies: 47 views: 1,588
creegstor 4 weeks ago

I am continually reading on music theory and I came across something that puzzled me. Let's say you have two chords in your...

dc_r
replies: 29 views: 1,278
Pali 4 weeks ago

Hello all this is my third single would love to hear thoughts on the final track and...

Val_Verrel
replies: 0 views: 362
Val_Verrel 4 weeks ago

Why do you create song and music? This is an interesting topic and would like to know why you do it? I do it for a variety of...

s wave
replies: 75 views: 2,273
s wave 9th April 2019
replies: 0 views: 468
Macsearcher 7th April 2019

Good morning slutz! What’s your take on TuneCore’s publishing administration services? Do you know or think it’s a waste of...

Sagicorn35
replies: 11 views: 1,076
Sagicorn35 3rd April 2019

I mentioned this song in another thread just now, and it triggered me to post here about the timing and sound of the vocal...

Chevron
replies: 0 views: 411
Chevron 3rd April 2019

Slutz, what are the chords used in the mellotron part of Cryptorchid? I can't figure this out for the life of me. :facepalm: Your...

xjustforlulzx
replies: 0 views: 412
xjustforlulzx 31st March 2019

With digital production becoming so widespread, at what point can we no longer separate the concept of copyright for a written...

calzone
replies: 3 views: 481
newguy1 28th March 2019

Fear by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Somasu
replies: 0 views: 393
Somasu 26th March 2019

Hi Can anybody recommend any decent songwriting contests to enter? I have been looking at: UK Songwriting Contest -...

LouieLouie
replies: 2 views: 593
ardis 25th March 2019

Hello all, I found a great article and thought to post it on GS. The Weird Strategy Dr. Seuss Used to Create His Greatest...

geob
replies: 2 views: 436
geob 23rd March 2019

Hey all! A few days ago I decided to write a blog post breaking down the chorus of one of the biggest hits of this...

top40
replies: 0 views: 401
top40 22nd March 2019

This seems like a pertinent spot to put this info on GS. Want to make money then you need to understand the biz including...

joe sixpak
replies: 8 views: 765
s wave 20th March 2019

I need some drums to fill out demos for the people I record. I usually did this myself, but it was stressful since I'm not a...

goom
replies: 15 views: 1,494
PeterP_swe 19th March 2019

I am looking for a distribution platform that can offer both streaming and digital store sales, with the ability to select which...

Deleted fcbdeac
replies: 17 views: 872
Holden Sandman 18th March 2019

As I am unfairly banned from the "Post Your Rough Demos' thread, I decided to give my opinion anyway. I do hope I am not...

Herr Weiss
replies: 15 views: 1,590
Seattle 17th March 2019

Hi Can anybody recommend any decent songwriting contests to enter? I have been looking at: UK Songwriting Contest -...

LouieLouie
replies: 0 views: 454
LouieLouie 16th March 2019

I’m not sure how you would describe it, we write a lot of country but wanted to try not to follow all the normal well trodden...

Pip
replies: 0 views: 477
Pip 16th March 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search