The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Songwriting
Lyricist's Corner
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 5,386 views: 237,310
cjogo 6 hours ago

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 5,866 views: 335,034
jugetsu85 15 hours ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 34 views: 22,923
HSA7 22nd February 2014

Hello, all - Please take the time to read and fill out this survey from The Copyright Alliance regarding proposed increases in...

John Eppstein
replies: 4 views: 512
DrAudiospecific 17 hours ago

OK, let me explain what I mean by that title. I've recently started a new free podcast (Project Studio Tea Break) where a friend...

triviul
replies: 9 views: 440
BlackBackDrop 1 day ago

More so a vent thread... I recently got into listening to Max Martin instrumentals, and they are literally in some superior far...

killsganti
replies: 60 views: 5,365
BlackBackDrop 1 day ago

Hey gearheads, I hope I'm in the right section of the forum. If not, feel free to discard/move/ delete this post kfhkh I'm...

SpyrosCh
replies: 1 views: 238
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi all. Here is my latest blog post on Top40Theory. I talk about a concept I call "sonic functions", which are the main...

top40
replies: 0 views: 240
top40 3 days ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 328 views: 24,079
The Beatsmith 3 days ago

I pay my producer upfront. I come into his studio with fully written songs, on a few he has removed say a verse or half of the...

sirenety
replies: 20 views: 466
pief 3 days ago

I imagine many of you are familiar with David Bowie's songs. With his passing I'm getting more into his stuff and I took a look...

HarryDelmarva
replies: 32 views: 3,819
Macky 4 days ago

I'd like to hear your comments. :cowbell Spotify Web Player - She Loves Me Not - Mehmet Cem Unal one love Mehmet :yingyang

memetto
replies: 3 views: 454
bainmack 6 days ago

The artist presumably being yourself, but not necessarily. I ask because I played one of my new things for the handful of people...

Brent Hahn
replies: 16 views: 668
bainmack 6 days ago

Hi fellow slutz, how about discussing some books, which are inspiring or even changing our work and thinking as songwriters?...

Carsten Kaiser
replies: 15 views: 849
thehightenor 6 days ago

I’m interested in your views on this song which I co-wrote, recorded and produced. YouTube

Pip
replies: 10 views: 519
Pip 1 week ago

Hey Got three common time signatures. What are your time signatures you write in? https://youtu.be/d8fMLzV_2ns

antepop
replies: 3 views: 294
Bob Ross 1 week ago

Pigeon City | Free Listening on SoundCloud I need help getting a better sound to my music. I use VSTs entirely to make my songs....

Music Bird
replies: 5 views: 366
open_source 1 week ago

Hello All, I have seen the thread below about songwriting literature, and will be purchasing some of the books mentioned (like...

Chris-m
replies: 2 views: 291
Chris-m 1 week ago

The Only One by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Somasu
replies: 0 views: 252
Somasu 1 week ago

Please help me get the key n bassline

SOUND BOMBING
replies: 35 views: 1,956
Mr Funk 1 week ago

No One Loves Me by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Somasu
replies: 0 views: 257
Somasu 1 week ago

First time poster here so apologies if I have broken any rules! I’m a singer songwriter who also plays piano. I’m lucky...

guideheart
replies: 10 views: 558
elegentdrum 2 weeks ago

Music and dance go hand in hand and this goes back to the beginning of the human race. When we would be putting a set...

SingerSongWriter
replies: 18 views: 1,175
newguy1 2 weeks ago

TL;DR Who is everyone using to distribute these days? Pros/cons? Recommendations? The ideal distribution deal would...

jj88
replies: 9 views: 498
theblue1 2 weeks ago

...aside from an actual vocal "ooh ahh" kind of thing? Interested to hear what kind of synth sounds/patches people...

szegedin
replies: 6 views: 460
Music Bird 2 weeks ago

For songwriters like myself who are looking for radio promoters for their music, I wanted to share my experience with one radio...

ivarii
replies: 0 views: 207
ivarii 2 weeks ago

For songwriters like myself who are looking for radio promoters for their music, I wanted to share my experience with one radio...

ivarii
replies: 0 views: 419
ivarii 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, do you know any contemporary songs which are using variations of the 60s-like uptempo beat you find attached? I'm...

Carsten Kaiser
replies: 16 views: 655
Carsten Kaiser 2 weeks ago

It's a new video platform called bit.tube It has decentralized hosting so videos cannot be downloaded/pirated and on top of...

Jose
replies: 16 views: 839
theblue1 2 weeks ago

Hello all- As a little bit of a side project, I have been writing some instrumental tracks in a style I enjoy without having...

TheLateNight
replies: 0 views: 265
TheLateNight 2 weeks ago

it's a skill, not inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjtOa8d_BHU

Dave.R
replies: 32 views: 1,332
Vavemvor 3 weeks ago

So here's a question for all of you home recording hounds........ So after the new song is finished and mastered and your...

moptop
replies: 2 views: 346
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

I’ve been trying to write a song like Johnny Gill or Prince, Stokely from Mint Condition but I can’t seem to put myself in...

producer679
replies: 0 views: 321
producer679 3 weeks ago

I'm a producer/artist that wants to take gospel to a new level and would love your...

Val_Verrel
replies: 0 views: 308
Val_Verrel 3 weeks ago

It's slightly ridiculous, just 15 seconds and that is the part I worked on the most, although it still misses some important...

_._
replies: 1 views: 249
BigMamaCrystal 3 weeks ago

Hey all, I almost went the entire month of July without a new blog post, but finally posted one yesterday. This one is about the...

top40
replies: 8 views: 510
theblue1 4 weeks ago

Hi there! I have a simple question that may possibly have a complicated answer. What do you call an old track that is newly...

_._
replies: 5 views: 527
Miguel Sound 4 weeks ago

Anyone know what kind of organ Al Kooper is playing on Dylan's "I Want You?" Very specific sound, and I don't know that...

Paul Einhaus
replies: 0 views: 348
Paul Einhaus 17th August 2018

I'm lost. If this is s hit then I can just move on. Please tell me..

musicmonster
replies: 286 views: 25,180
staticwhitesound 15th August 2018

Hi guys. I'm a bit lost as to a few chords I chose to use in a UK 2 Step garage thing I am working on. I originally settled...

red tape
replies: 6 views: 639
red tape 15th August 2018

Hello during practicing sessions. I may discover some cool ideas I want to record and work with latter. I don't want to launch my...

MikeHarper
replies: 4 views: 461
MikeHarper 15th August 2018

Hi, one of my songs is a remake of the song 'Hello' by Adele. The music composition is completely different and 100% originally...

susus123
replies: 3 views: 524
newguy1 14th August 2018

It's a tune I created a few months ago that doesn't really fit into any category that I know of. I tried it on Music Xray and...

daang
replies: 3 views: 447
newguy1 14th August 2018

Hey guys, I would like to know what is your most used process of writing a song, for instance: first I begin with the idea of...

Magic Music Box
replies: 11 views: 1,015
Dr. Mordo 9th August 2018

Re pop songs that just repeat four chords for the whole song (more or less), without any transitions to different chord...

Carnalia Barcus
replies: 49 views: 2,007
gradivus 5th August 2018

I love how his songs sound like poems, it has a lot of passion. It’s almost like an Shakespeare play. Any advice on how to...

producer679
replies: 3 views: 548
Carsten Kaiser 4th August 2018

On my computer, I have multiple folders for different projects. One of which is labeled "BS". In this folder, songs are...

Poupou
replies: 2 views: 433
bill5 4th August 2018

I cant figure out how to write a bass line with few notes, repeated through a whole song without judging it as too simple. In...

YourBestFriend
replies: 12 views: 798
WDM 3rd August 2018

I'm a singer/guitarist/bass/keys player who likes all types of music, but my favourite style and chosen direction at a given time...

liamhutch89
replies: 7 views: 623
Snail 29th July 2018

I put together a tool for finding chords to try in a given key. Give it a try and let me know if you find it useful or if you...

Jmfreeland
replies: 8 views: 910
Carsten Kaiser 28th July 2018

Any recommendations? I know there is at least one in Gotland Sweden Gotland International Songwriters Retreat - Home |...

von spets
replies: 2 views: 535
Carsten Kaiser 28th July 2018

How to Write --- "A broad nibbed stubbed pen " --- A hit every time kfhkh RULES from the 20's

cjogo
replies: 1 views: 699
bill5 28th July 2018

Not saying terrible, but songs which you know or feel are just kind of "eh" right out of the gate. You may be thinking...

bill5
replies: 30 views: 1,340
Boydbob 26th July 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search