The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 7,959 views: 340,643
foxwaves 1 day ago

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 6,385 views: 392,462
ilalin 1 week ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 34 views: 27,346
HSA7 22nd February 2014

I've got away with lots of dumb luck and brute force writing drum parts by being kind of random. I tried using loops but I'm...

goom
replies: 14 views: 682
theblue1 12 minutes ago

Hi Guys and Gals, New poster here. I know music law can be a tricky and complex thing, but if anybody can shed some light on an...

zeroesandones
replies: 12 views: 756
thehightenor 1 day ago

Hello! I am both a songwriter and law student at UT-Austin. In one of my classes, I am working on a software project called...

trmckenz
replies: 1 views: 272
thehightenor 1 day ago

Wondered if anyone had some cool solution to the old "i hope you were recording" problem when sketching ideas and the...

replies: 4 views: 411
thehightenor 1 day ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 395 views: 32,093
OldMan 2 days ago
replies: 4 views: 295
s wave 2 days ago

I'm lost. If this is s hit then I can just move on. Please tell me..

musicmonster
replies: 288 views: 26,284
Noisewagon 5 days ago

I went around for years saying, "Oh, my influences are far too expansive to list." Until some time ago, I realised that...

johnny nowhere
replies: 29 views: 2,066
Hold the Mayo 6 days ago

Hello! I am both a songwriter and law student at UT-Austin. In one of my classes, I am working on a software project called...

trmckenz
replies: 6 views: 259
trmckenz 6 days ago

Where can I get premade MIDI clips like chime glissandos, risers, drum rolls, just about anything that an average producer needs...

goom
replies: 2 views: 194
goom 1 week ago

I have all the free samples from the internet and they all sound less than stellar, but I'm grateful to have them. I want to step...

goom
replies: 4 views: 465
bill5 1 week ago
replies: 4 views: 573
BitDepth 1 week ago

I tried to reach out to the moderators to maybe change the topic title of the old thread to re-purpose it. I didn't get a...

Mister Fox
replies: 3 views: 779
Mister Fox 1 week ago

Hello, I tend to come up quickly with chords, harmonies and melodies for songs but rarely finish them. I get stuck...

toka
replies: 10 views: 1,539
3redlights 2 weeks ago

Hey all, I posted a video earlier today about the use of text painting and how it's set up in Post Malone's "Circles"....

top40
replies: 0 views: 249
top40 2 weeks ago

Are you someone that get's inspired by sound-design, or do you have to use play something generic and focus on the melody?

goom
replies: 2 views: 931
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

hey everyone, I am always trying to get better with writing and making music, so here is my newest song "hell", enjoy:...

kahlindaofficial
replies: 1 views: 349
Pindrive 2 weeks ago

I wanted to ask this question for ages and I think it can be answered only by experts and really good music teachers... :) I've...

dc_r
replies: 12 views: 582
thehightenor 2 weeks ago

Hi, just finished my synth-rock album, I've been writing songs and mixing it on and off for 5...

funkyfuncker
replies: 0 views: 643
funkyfuncker 3 weeks ago

Let's say I write a country tune and make mention of Merle Haggard's song "Fightin' Side of Me" in one of the verses,...

Darmento
replies: 23 views: 740
newguy1 3 weeks ago

Who are the other noteable "hit makers" out there, with multiple top 10 chart landings, or multi "number...

konokoknk
replies: 6 views: 669
Marquez 3 weeks ago

This is a decent show for pop songwriting; considering it's on national TV. Are you watching? What are you likes and dislikes...

s wave
replies: 67 views: 2,546
s wave 3 weeks ago

Breakbeats. I hear them everywhere and I love them! I've spend weeks on the net, with Ableton, EZdrummer, logic and much more...

[email protected]
replies: 1 views: 574
newguy1 3 weeks ago

I just finished working on this one and since we're here to learn I'm happy to hear your comments on this...

frank van dee
replies: 4 views: 714
justmusic 3 weeks ago

Help me to find way out of this hole. Help me to find way out of this hole. Help me to find way out of this hole. Oh, help...

RicochetCorduroy
replies: 5 views: 394
Noisewagon 4 weeks ago

Hi guys. I'm curious if anyone would be able to help identify what kind of articulation these strings are playing, and what...

NewWriter
replies: 0 views: 295
NewWriter 4 weeks ago

As far as the bassline goes? And what notes are...

SOUND BOMBING
replies: 5 views: 719
artist202 4 weeks ago

Hello. I have a keyyboard which has a lot of arpeggios/rythms. If I made a song with those arpeggios... is it a...

Dawero
replies: 6 views: 459
Pali 4 weeks ago

It seems to me that in the last few years, most hit songs in UK/US charts use a few chords only. For example, Adele's Hello ...

troiontroi
replies: 251 views: 13,575
newguy1 4 weeks ago

Hi there. I should really know this by now... but... i don't :) I’ve been registering my tracks on ASCAP for many years, and...

thehallmonitor
replies: 11 views: 902
s wave 6th October 2019

Hello Everyone, Apologies if a thread like this has been made. Anyway, I've been learning and making music for the past few...

glasspipe
replies: 71 views: 3,631
DJElectricDaddy 29th September 2019

i was wondering who here has a ear like that and if i post two songs they can tell me what key its in

SOUND BOMBING
replies: 142 views: 10,077
SOUND BOMBING 20th September 2019

So I was curious if there would be any interest in some sort of (maybe monthly?) lyric writing prompt? Not unlike songwriting...

CupcakeKitten
replies: 5 views: 732
theblue1 19th September 2019

Hey guys! So i'm mapping out some songs for an album I'm producing. Some of the songs have 5 or 6 click track changes -lots of...

T.M.A.
replies: 9 views: 841
T.M.A. 17th September 2019

Hey all, I just posted a video to my YouTube channel analyzing the melody of Ellie Goulding's latest single, "Hate Me"....

top40
replies: 0 views: 588
top40 16th September 2019

Hi Guys, I've been told I'm a decent singer, and I can sing close to correct pitch, but I personally have issues even hearing...

Lucifer
replies: 14 views: 1,151
J.Good 14th September 2019

hey guys, I have a song I'm learning, and it has a tricky chord progression. I wonder if anyone here knows how to analyze...

studiobuild
replies: 13 views: 1,057
thehightenor 14th September 2019

Hello ! I would love to learn how to write songs, I always loved telling stories. The problem is that, in french ( which is...

Straw
replies: 17 views: 1,248
Straw 13th September 2019

Hello all! I'm back again with some fresh visuals for my track...

Val_Verrel
replies: 2 views: 749
Val_Verrel 10th September 2019

For synthesizers, there's often a sub oscillator that dials in a tone, usually one octave below the main note, and usually has...

Delmarva
replies: 3 views: 769
Noisewagon 9th September 2019

Hi there, I'm from Germany and I'll write Lyrics most in german language. I'm not the typicall by Hand-Guy to write just with...

R&B-Vocalisto
replies: 18 views: 1,621
J.Good 6th September 2019

Anyone been using Synthshare to get feedback for their songs? If so, are you getting the following? Uh oh, it’s gone! The...

redhenry
replies: 0 views: 1,029
redhenry 3rd September 2019

I've been mucking around with a tune and for some reason a nursery rhyme popped into my head. It was very disturbing, but I went...

stixstudios
replies: 3 views: 922
stixstudios 3rd September 2019

Hi, Were someone to take a sample from a track from a communist state recording (say Yugoslavia) in which the state no longer...

Romdave
replies: 3 views: 862
komil 1st September 2019

What I'm asking, is that do you have a song/tune in mind first (regardless of the lyrics), then look for the instruments to...

stixstudios
replies: 41 views: 2,127
thehightenor 30th August 2019

Hello, I have a problem recognizing the beats structure. I don't know where the chorus, verse or silence should be. I was...

dawe897
replies: 1 views: 1,327
Amsoily 28th August 2019

Hey Everyone, I have been in contact with some publishers and I heard that there is a difference between the publishing...

Concentratebold
replies: 7 views: 970
newguy1 24th August 2019

I would like members of the Community to give their opinions of Rap Music... I am fully aware of all the negative connotations...

FraternalHouse
replies: 667 views: 50,348
terrible.dee 24th August 2019

I'm a huge fan of electronic music but would like to work with and add more advanced chords and progressions than is usually seen...

[email protected]
replies: 6 views: 705
theblue1 21st August 2019

Particularly that softer dance kick and the rest of the sounds save the acoustic ones. What virtual instruments are used these...

Musician
replies: 6 views: 1,448
Saxplayerz 18th August 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search