The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sub forums RSS Feed for Songwriting
Lyricist's Corner
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

replies: 4,558 views: 207,374
cjogo 4 hours ago

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

replies: 5,342 views: 305,501
cjogo 1 day ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

replies: 34 views: 21,488
HSA7 22nd February 2014

Apparently I have greatly underestimated the potential profits from writing a hit song. Never thought that you can become a...

replies: 62 views: 3,267
jiffybox 2 hours ago

What songs came to you?

replies: 11 views: 380
Pyeguy 3 hours ago

Hey im new to this forum and i would like to seek help because i am somewhat confused on how melody is created. I know how to...

replies: 2 views: 259
thehightenor 10 hours ago

I don't know where to post this question so I'll just post it here. Mods please feel free to move this to where it should...

replies: 2 views: 231
newguy1 14 hours ago

Do you guys prefer to write acapella before you have a piece of music or do you prefer to write to chords/drums etc? I've started...

replies: 9 views: 487
cjogo 1 day ago

This is the kinda thing that it seems that everyone goes through in their own way, and is still a massive difficulty for me even...

replies: 58 views: 3,080
thehightenor 2 days ago

Let me just start by saying that I am aware that the best way to know the struggles of playing an instrument is to actually play...

replies: 18 views: 638
creegstor 2 days ago

Hey, I am part of a new startup out of Sweden for stock music. We are currently looking for contributors to join the team, the...

replies: 0 views: 203
pyramidtracks 2 days ago

Something like Jodeci's "Im still waiting" or "forever my lady"

replies: 3 views: 666
Neal_Sabel 4 days ago

What steps do you take to avoid unknowingly using bits of songs you've heard in the songs you're writing? I wish there was a...

replies: 57 views: 1,207
Arseny 4 days ago

Digital Scars, Digital Scars by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

replies: 1 views: 263
Owen L T 6 days ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

replies: 302 views: 21,485
Macky 1 week ago

I pose this question respectfully to those who thoroughly know and enjoy his music. Any suggestions and specific song examples to...

replies: 58 views: 2,666
Chad Sterling 1 week ago

Hi music theorists, Can somebody help to enlighten me please? Despite playing the violin for many years, and taking piano...

replies: 42 views: 2,347
ttippie 1 week ago

Could you pls advise? I'm a songwriter with a considerable number of songs recorded by other artists. I'm not a performer and...

replies: 1 views: 258
ShadowsOfLife 1 week ago

Have you ever wondered why 80s pop music sounds so different from pop music made today? I show you why and I explain how you can...

replies: 30 views: 1,355
newguy1 1 week ago

Hi Everyone I write my own stuff and have always done so, i record all the instruments etc, kind of in the goo goo dolls...

replies: 26 views: 1,060
mudical 1 week ago

After reading neighbour thread about women songwriters I got interested to find some real life examples from the past and...

replies: 18 views: 666
newguy1 1 week ago

Well we pretty much know who Cardi B is. I had a quick question. With that song. You notice you have a melody, which is being...

replies: 1 views: 412
Godson 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'd like to hear some different approaches to songwriting. My usual approach would be to hear a melody, chords etc and...

replies: 18 views: 553
Noisewagon 2 weeks ago

Interesting interview.

Herr Weiss
replies: 19 views: 922
hhamilton 2 weeks ago

Have you ever wondered what goes on in the brain of a pop composer when he's making a brand new track from scratch? In this...

replies: 0 views: 255
Elkanah77 2 weeks ago

Companion by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

replies: 0 views: 244
Somasu 2 weeks ago

I've been going back and forth about my songwriting with a producer I'm working with, and though for the most part he's pleased...

replies: 309 views: 15,878
newguy1 2 weeks ago

I'm making a fun song, in South-African English. Only problem is, I'm not South-African. I'm not even English actually, heh....

replies: 3 views: 258
Herr Weiss 3 weeks ago

A couple things i struggle with in my songwriting... I am a jazz guitarist and have written for instruments.... but the stuff i...

replies: 101 views: 3,117
KevWind 3 weeks ago

Gender inequality goes pop: Brit Awards showcase songwriting's women problem

replies: 242 views: 3,808
UnderTow 3 weeks ago

I must admit I never really learned anything while using a metronome even though I often am using some kind of metronomic time...

replies: 63 views: 2,153
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

mines in no particular order Babyface (captain obvious) El Debarge Mannie Fresh (from 88 -2005) DJ Quik ( on of...

replies: 70 views: 6,890
SOUND BOMBING 3 weeks ago

Qnique Sincere
replies: 5 views: 693
amytriptyline 3 weeks ago

Chord Progression Survey Hi I made this survey as part of my research project for my music technology course and I'd really...

replies: 2 views: 367
bill5 3 weeks ago

Hello guys!! This is a small clip of my upcoming album named Hakuna Bassata, i will link very soon the links that you can...

replies: 5 views: 749
villis 3 weeks ago

May I ask if it is worth entering the songwriting contests. There are many contests, as can be seen in this list. The ASCAP...

replies: 55 views: 9,417
foldback 3 weeks ago

it's a skill, not inspiration

replies: 1 views: 312
Dave.R 3 weeks ago

Mine are: Big L O.C. Ed O.G. Masta Ace Lord Finesse Nature Percee P Queen Latifah AZ Big Boi Raekwon Phonte Oddisee Black...

replies: 3 views: 348
Frank_Case 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, I would like to know what is your most used process of writing a song, for instance: first I begin with the idea of...

Magic Music Box
replies: 4 views: 339
Frank_Case 3 weeks ago

Can you share your experience when writing a melody over a pre-made beat? I can write a melody when strumming on a guitar or a...

replies: 2 views: 317
Frank_Case 3 weeks ago

Nanu nanu! Through trial and error I can get a decent melody together, I can hear what works and what doesn't. All well and...

replies: 34 views: 1,151
b0se 3 weeks ago
replies: 8 views: 487
newguy1 4 weeks ago

Hi, everyone -- I'm looking for some distance collaborators out in SlutLand. I write mostly rock/pop. I play multiple instruments...

replies: 4 views: 327
dkeatscary 4 weeks ago

How can I make a melancholy song? Like Partynextdoor- Wednesday Night Interlude of Girl From Oakland? Or SWV's Rain

replies: 5 views: 465
Frank_Case 4 weeks ago

I am reading Dance Music Manual by Rick snowman, and have reached the chord structure section. He says that in a B major scale, a...

replies: 12 views: 408
PeteGJ 4 weeks ago

Does it still apply to minor keys? I understand tri tone sub's in major keys. What if Im in A minor, and play a A#7 as a TT...

replies: 3 views: 295
Frank_Case 4 weeks ago

A SUMMER PLACE final by wkamen | bill kamen | Free Listening on SoundCloud

replies: 1 views: 249
Frank_Case 4 weeks ago

I'm not sure how many stores and streamers allow the display of lyrics, but innovative, ultra-cheap, no-frills aggregator,...

replies: 15 views: 540
theblue1 4 weeks ago

Suicide Attempt Number 5 by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud (If you like this song, check out the rest of the EP here:...

replies: 17 views: 886
newguy1 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm the creator of "Mixed In Key" software and the new "Captain Chords" VST/AU plugin. It helps you...

Mixed In Key
replies: 2 views: 1,211
BCProject 4 weeks ago

I can't tell if i'm in a rut or if the music just isn't flowing thru me at this time. It's not inspiration that i'm lacking, as...

Nick Stedman
replies: 25 views: 871
jwh1192 4 weeks ago

It turns out that getting your music on iTunes and Spotify is really easy. But it also turns out that getting anyone to actually...

replies: 20 views: 949
Oxhammer 16th February 2018

This is one thing im not very good at. My tracks have too much of a laid-back feel. Theres something im not grokking about...

replies: 9 views: 853
Frank_Case 16th February 2018

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search