The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 6,450 views: 407,706
rub1v 11 hours ago

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 8,191 views: 368,258
Rolavine 14 hours ago

For me songwriting has been an individual, solo effort. I've never had the privilege of working in the same room with talented...

jason kalman
replies: 13 views: 844
jason kalman 17 hours ago

I wanted to ask this question for ages and I think it can be answered only by experts and really good music teachers... :) I've...

dc_r
replies: 26 views: 1,216
RayHeath 1 day ago

Hello! I am both a songwriter and law student at UT-Austin. In one of my classes, I am working on a software project called...

trmckenz
replies: 16 views: 749
theblue1 2 days ago

if it has already been written. Kind of like Paul dreaming Yesterday. He had to ask around. Could have sworn it was something he...

kittyfranco
replies: 25 views: 926
theblue1 2 days ago

For songwriters like myself who are looking for radio promoters for their music, I wanted to share my experience with one radio...

ivarii
replies: 6 views: 1,613
Brent Hahn 3 days ago

Hello Everyone, Apologies if a thread like this has been made. Anyway, I've been learning and making music for the past few...

glasspipe
replies: 77 views: 4,430
SingerSongWriter 4 days ago

Hi! I just bought Oek sound Soothe. Where do you like using this plugin in your vocal processing chain? To me, it seems...

TOG1250
replies: 3 views: 1,303
jjwho 1 week ago

Hey guys! So i'm mapping out some songs for an album I'm producing. Some of the songs have 5 or 6 click track changes -lots of...

T.M.A.
replies: 14 views: 1,180
theblue1 1 week ago

Hi, How can I finish an old project after I already spent plenty of time listening to it back and forth? It seems that I became...

I. E.
replies: 2 views: 450
s wave 1 week ago

Happy New Year! When I started writing lyrics and putting effort into them, I ended up with children's nursery rhyme type of...

I. E.
replies: 22 views: 812
I. E. 1 week ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 399 views: 33,276
Herr Weiss 1 week ago

I have all the free samples from the internet and they all sound less than stellar, but I'm grateful to have them. I want to step...

goom
replies: 10 views: 910
mrfantastic 1 week ago
replies: 7 views: 949
SyneRyder 1 week ago
replies: 1 views: 270
theblue1 1 week ago

Are you someone that get's inspired by sound-design, or do you have to use play something generic and focus on the melody?

goom
replies: 8 views: 1,508
Jeff Hayat 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I'm from Germany and I'll write Lyrics most in german language. I'm not the typicall by Hand-Guy to write just with...

R&B-Vocalisto
replies: 19 views: 2,087
theblue1 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone! Interested how you approach the splits when you write songs with other people. Let's talk about two...

hardsoft
replies: 10 views: 510
Sagicorn35 2 weeks ago

Hey guys as you know Lorde has gone gang busters at the moment and has been nominated for 4 grammys and the 1st women in 17 years...

stclair
replies: 271 views: 19,226
goom 2 weeks ago

I tried to reach out to the moderators to maybe change the topic title of the old thread to re-purpose it. I didn't get a...

Mister Fox
replies: 7 views: 1,140
Mister Fox 2 weeks ago

I went around for years saying, "Oh, my influences are far too expansive to list." Until some time ago, I realised that...

johnny nowhere
replies: 47 views: 3,221
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

Where can I get premade MIDI clips like chime glissandos, risers, drum rolls, just about anything that an average producer needs...

goom
replies: 5 views: 589
Stevism 2 weeks ago

It seems to me that in the last few years, most hit songs in UK/US charts use a few chords only. For example, Adele's Hello ...

troiontroi
replies: 270 views: 15,853
theblue1 3 weeks ago

Its that time of the year again, and I've had this half written in my head for a number of years now, but my other half insisted...

aaronsmith
replies: 71 views: 3,049
MikeInOttawa 3 weeks ago

Hello folks, we thought helpful to share this excerpt from our Episode 1 of our Start To Finish Series featuring Greg Wells,...

puremix.net
replies: 2 views: 444
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

Apparently I have greatly underestimated the potential profits from writing a hit song. Never thought that you can become a...

Mr.ko
replies: 72 views: 8,919
manfish 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, just wanted to get ya'lls thoughts on something... I've been recording A LOT lately. At first when choosing the...

T.M.A.
replies: 19 views: 653
T.M.A. 4 weeks ago

hey everyone, I am always trying to get better with writing and making music, so here is my newest song "hell", enjoy:...

kahlindaofficial
replies: 3 views: 704
kahlindaofficial 11th December 2019

Hi there. I'm fortunate enough to have a Genoqs Octopus which is a ton of fun and it has some very useful features, especially...

stratblue
replies: 0 views: 361
stratblue 8th December 2019

This is a decent show for pop songwriting; considering it's on national TV. Are you watching? What are you likes and dislikes...

s wave
replies: 68 views: 3,043
pianowillbebach 8th December 2019

Hi, I have been dealing with a vocal issue in a particular song for a while now.. it's been preventing me from finishing the...

mikel33
replies: 5 views: 506
percussion boy 7th December 2019
replies: 1 views: 435
Dave Polich 5th December 2019

Hi Guys and Gals, New poster here. I know music law can be a tricky and complex thing, but if anybody can shed some light on an...

zeroesandones
replies: 19 views: 1,416
pencilextremist 3rd December 2019

Hey y’all What’s generally the deal with the Green Day vocal setup ... doubles... harmonies? If harmonies, what intervals...

bgood
replies: 4 views: 449
bgood 1st December 2019

Hey Guys, Wanted to share this new single "A Piece of Me" to see how it resonates with all of you. A fair...

Bloodz
replies: 0 views: 262
Bloodz 30th November 2019

Any of you try using a sampler to get new ideas for a whole song? Like if I played a song with guitar. cut it up and tried to...

goom
replies: 4 views: 387
terrible.dee 28th November 2019

Fear - https://soundcloud.com/somasumusic/fear Next of Kin - https://soundcloud.com/somasumusic/next-of-kin Suicide Attempt...

Somasu
replies: 0 views: 355
Somasu 25th November 2019

I've got away with lots of dumb luck and brute force writing drum parts by being kind of random. I tried using loops but I'm...

goom
replies: 21 views: 1,194
lionaudio 22nd November 2019

What are my options? Doesn't matter if it's physical, synths, samples, whatever.

goom
replies: 9 views: 628
RockstarWizkidd 18th November 2019

I just finished working on this one and since we're here to learn I'm happy to hear your comments on this...

frank van dee
replies: 5 views: 1,025
frank van dee 16th November 2019

Hello! I am both a songwriter and law student at UT-Austin. In one of my classes, I am working on a software project called...

trmckenz
replies: 1 views: 653
thehightenor 13th November 2019

Wondered if anyone had some cool solution to the old "i hope you were recording" problem when sketching ideas and the...

replies: 4 views: 664
thehightenor 13th November 2019
replies: 4 views: 558
s wave 12th November 2019

I'm lost. If this is s hit then I can just move on. Please tell me..

musicmonster
replies: 288 views: 26,827
Noisewagon 9th November 2019

Hello, I tend to come up quickly with chords, harmonies and melodies for songs but rarely finish them. I get stuck...

toka
replies: 10 views: 1,865
3redlights 30th October 2019

Hey all, I posted a video earlier today about the use of text painting and how it's set up in Post Malone's "Circles"....

top40
replies: 0 views: 499
top40 29th October 2019

Hi, just finished my synth-rock album, I've been writing songs and mixing it on and off for 5...

funkyfuncker
replies: 0 views: 896
funkyfuncker 23rd October 2019

Let's say I write a country tune and make mention of Merle Haggard's song "Fightin' Side of Me" in one of the verses,...

Darmento
replies: 23 views: 1,051
newguy1 23rd October 2019

Who are the other noteable "hit makers" out there, with multiple top 10 chart landings, or multi "number...

konokoknk
replies: 6 views: 1,022
Marquez 22nd October 2019

Breakbeats. I hear them everywhere and I love them! I've spend weeks on the net, with Ableton, EZdrummer, logic and much more...

[email protected]
replies: 1 views: 809
newguy1 21st October 2019

Help me to find way out of this hole. Help me to find way out of this hole. Help me to find way out of this hole. Oh, help...

RicochetCorduroy
replies: 5 views: 645
Noisewagon 15th October 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search