The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Songwriting

Sub forums RSS Feed for Songwriting
Lyricist's Corner
Options
Views: 5,612
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 4,233 views: 188,277
wagtunes 3 minutes ago

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 5,129 views: 289,397
Mr Funk 5 hours ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 34 views: 19,439
HSA7 22nd February 2014

If you could have any two musicians throughout history meet/jam, who would it be? Can be two modern musicians, or someone from...

vintagelove
replies: 39 views: 1,662
vincentvangogo 12 minutes ago

Just thanks :) It's fun to hear what other people are doing, but also it's good for me to get "practice" in listening...

bill5
replies: 0 views: 21
bill5 1 hour ago

Its that time of the year again, and I've had this half written in my head for a number of years now, but my other half insisted...

aaronsmith
replies: 7 views: 191
Brent Hahn 4 hours ago

If you start out the production with the vocal and chord progression and want to build an underlying rhythm section ,what are the...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 28 views: 484
starise 7 hours ago

I came across with this website and it made me wonder.. Is this where the creativity and productivity going? Ghost production?...

djsaintlouis
replies: 5 views: 968
newguy1 8 hours ago

how can I learn to write songs? I have been making dance stuff all my music life, I am not that great on any instrument but I...

red tape
replies: 28 views: 819
newguy1 10 hours ago

There's a song I heard played live that really struck me, and I'd like to cover. Only problem is - the artist never released it....

js1
replies: 1 views: 120
lukeforester1 10 hours ago

Apparently I have greatly underestimated the potential profits from writing a hit song. Never thought that you can become a...

Mr.ko
replies: 6 views: 374
littleeden 12 hours ago

Scenario : take a popular song, record a cover of it in a different genre, never include it on a CD, never charge any money...

jokerone
replies: 6 views: 223
theblue1 1 day ago

Anyone actually know anything about this and can you point to any examples. I think the arrangement would have to stick to quaver...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 2 views: 173
Owen L T 1 day ago

I don't know what atrocities it was up against because I was watching the football, but I was surprised when I turned over that...

badmark
replies: 6 views: 725
Macky 2 days ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 286 views: 19,429
Herr Weiss 2 days ago

In my ongoing focus on 80s synth-pop, I show an example of how chords and melodic structure was done in the 80s synth-pop...

Elkanah77
replies: 10 views: 368
just_some_dude 2 days ago

I have always been fascinated by how music can make me feel and lately have been spending alot of time trying many variations of...

rrlc
replies: 31 views: 561
twistedbeats 2 days ago
replies: 1 views: 205
just_some_dude 3 days ago

Here ya go with shots of my project studio... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKmM-VIBdFA

Rockabilly69
replies: 0 views: 143
Rockabilly69 4 days ago

Something like Jodeci's "Im still waiting" or "forever my lady"

producer679
replies: 2 views: 381
yelmua 4 days ago

Hello guys!! This is a small clip of my upcoming album named Hakuna Bassata, i will link very soon the links that you can...

villis
replies: 3 views: 360
villis 4 days ago

As we all know, we have our own way of putting together a soup of lyrics and music. Have you found any way to make it more tasty,...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 7 views: 518
BarcelonaMusic 5 days ago

As a former basketball player, I know the importance of practicing the "right technique." It is easier to form bad...

toejam34
replies: 18 views: 2,248
drainyoo 6 days ago

Hello, this is for all of you who have some music industry experience and know a bit about the business side. I recorded a 16...

joshua3189
replies: 5 views: 233
Owen L T 1 week ago

A couple things i struggle with in my songwriting... I am a jazz guitarist and have written for instruments.... but the stuff i...

patshep
replies: 15 views: 547
patshep 1 week ago

This is the kinda thing that it seems that everyone goes through in their own way, and is still a massive difficulty for me even...

helplesswhite
replies: 47 views: 2,064
RTR 1 week ago

Can't Connect with Anyone by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Somasu
replies: 0 views: 139
Somasu 1 week ago

Hello, I am doing a vocal research on how some american bands / artists. I live in greece and I got no connections with people...

musicman90
replies: 1 views: 325
BarcelonaMusic 2 weeks ago

Well, it`s been about 5 years since it last happened. I don`t listen to country intentionally, but living in Texas it`s hard to...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 14 views: 534
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

Hey all, I'm working on a web app called "Rhymecraft" which aims to do for lyrics what software like Fruity Loops and...

NathanWailes
replies: 1 views: 254
J.Good 3 weeks ago
replies: 5 views: 260
BarcelonaMusic 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys - made a quick little video today on using chord inversions to widen heavy guitars and extend coherent keyboard pads to...

colynomial
replies: 1 views: 242
Phil0 3 weeks ago

bumpkin well I am editing this since it didn't get my point across. I have a dislike of autotune and digital music editing but...

HarryDelmarva
replies: 4 views: 522
UnderTow 3 weeks ago

This is going to be a broad, sort of open ended question but I figured I would ask you guys as I'm trying to look for the right...

Spectralgeth
replies: 9 views: 645
Owen L T 3 weeks ago

This ever bug anyone else? I come up with something, whether it's a stanza, a verse, or even a simple play on words or phrase or...

bill5
replies: 126 views: 4,373
Brent Hahn 4 weeks ago

Anyone who's ever done this or has info on it appreciated...the site didn't have anything that I saw. Say you write a song and...

bill5
replies: 1 views: 255
creegstor 4 weeks ago

Hi, just hooked on this song for a day none stop Just wonder who are the writing team and people involved (technically wise,...

ikamy
replies: 24 views: 4,847
Synonym Music 4 weeks ago

So I'm not very good at picking out chords and I think people could do it well faster than I can, I'd just like to know the...

Xsm0deus
replies: 0 views: 247
Xsm0deus 4 weeks ago

Say if I play the notes C C#, D and E. but the notes don't correspond with any scales i'm aware of based on the root. What key am...

jasetherapper
replies: 8 views: 522
theblue1 4 weeks ago

Hello, musicians. Sometimes I struggled with writing chord progressions, therefore I created a website for musicians to help...

andy671
replies: 8 views: 733
Gil Gzz 4 weeks ago

What are they? I don't mean catchy tunes. I mean beautiful melodies that go somewhere. The kind that could be played on a solo...

hhamilton
replies: 53 views: 2,185
KungFuLio 4 weeks ago

I find it interesting so many hits have been made using no high hats... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOg5VxrRTi0

Noisewagon
replies: 20 views: 1,089
bill5 7th November 2017

Don't know if this is the correct forum for this type of question. Maybe we need a sub-forum focussed solely on producers....

Oroz
replies: 19 views: 9,998
jimmyjam 6th November 2017
replies: 0 views: 244
Somasu 4th November 2017

Get Your Music on iTunes - A How-To Guide to Digital Distribution - How To Sell on iTunes What is the best digital distributor...

masta1
replies: 357 views: 122,678
kafka 4th November 2017

Hi all… I am looking for recommendations for lyric scrolling apps and controllers for iPad. I have seen people using...

Mr. Kelly
replies: 4 views: 316
Mr. Kelly 3rd November 2017

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this, But do you guys know if there are any POP/popular songs that...

Fargo
replies: 3 views: 415
Hold the Mayo 2nd November 2017

me mate is doing some very short one shot vocals over loops of pre-recorded songs. he is using this as a demo... about 1-2...

son of soulohio
replies: 8 views: 506
newguy1 31st October 2017

Hi At the start, just before the voccal kicks, there's like an incidental...

joecc
replies: 3 views: 369
theblue1 29th October 2017

Hi guys :) I'm about to show you an article I read, but before I do, let me say I am a Songwriter first, and like many of us, I...

jerrydpi
replies: 33 views: 1,306
KevWind 27th October 2017

For quite a while I used Guitar Pro to make scratch tracks, now I've started writing again I bought the upgrade to GP6 and I'm...

ShadowAMD
replies: 16 views: 943
garybrill 25th October 2017

If anyone’s interested, I’ve put up another entry in my occasional exploration of form and structure in popular music. This...

bing81
replies: 0 views: 312
bing81 20th October 2017
replies: 0 views: 284
Somasu 18th October 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search