The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Songwriting

Sub forums RSS Feed for Songwriting
Lyricist's Corner
Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Huge props to the Gearslutz Gods for providing this forum! This is a thread to post rough demos of songs, for critique NOT of...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 5,101 views: 225,016
wagtunes 1 hour ago

a 'finished' demo thread which would include comments on performance. This would be for demos which are intended to go to...

Blast9
replies: 5,680 views: 325,049
Unclenny 1 hour ago

People have been asking for a Songwriting Forum for a long time! kfhkh

Jules
replies: 34 views: 22,442
HSA7 22nd February 2014

I'm lost. If this is s hit then I can just move on. Please tell me..

musicmonster
replies: 283 views: 24,323
Beautifulmind 10 hours ago

Not saying terrible, but songs which you know or feel are just kind of "eh" right out of the gate. You may be thinking...

bill5
replies: 30 views: 924
Brent Hahn 17 hours ago

I've never been a big lead (guitar) player but really want to be able to play lead in the style in this song (the solo in...

MartieFuncum
replies: 33 views: 785
MartieFuncum 1 day ago

When recording yourself, how does your environment look like, how does it feel? A couch or a chair? iPad or an old school...

Arseny
replies: 9 views: 472
jerry123 2 days ago

Morning fellow noise-makers! I wanted to share this over-long song with you guys for a few reasons. I wanted to know if you...

dislocatedlove
replies: 10 views: 761
littleeden 4 days ago

Music and dance go hand in hand and this goes back to the beginning of the human race. When we would be putting a set...

SingerSongWriter
replies: 7 views: 646
littleeden 4 days ago

This thread is a time machine constructed for the purpose of revisiting and reimagining the 1980's songwriting scene, an...

eldon2975
replies: 317 views: 23,083
Herr Weiss 5 days ago

Hi all, I recently put out a new song and am looking for constructive feedback. Objective opinions would be much...

jimmyhots
replies: 0 views: 298
jimmyhots 6 days ago

I have managed, in the course of the last ten years when in between clients, to create an eleven song record of my own music. ...

steveschizoid
replies: 0 views: 281
steveschizoid 6 days ago

I have managed, in the course of the last ten years when in between clients, to create an eleven song record of my own music. ...

steveschizoid
replies: 0 views: 257
steveschizoid 6 days ago

Let me just start by saying that I am aware that the best way to know the struggles of playing an instrument is to actually play...

IgneousRay
replies: 29 views: 1,167
Sharp11 1 week ago

I'm a singer/guitarist/bass/keys player who likes all types of music, but my favourite style and chosen direction at a given time...

liamhutch89
replies: 0 views: 274
liamhutch89 1 week ago

Yo, This is my latest release! I typically produce and write for other people, but I wanted to release this one for myself....

CX3Music
replies: 0 views: 263
CX3Music 1 week ago

I cant figure out how to write a bass line with few notes, repeated through a whole song without judging it as too simple. In...

YourBestFriend
replies: 11 views: 516
YourBestFriend 1 week ago

Re pop songs that just repeat four chords for the whole song (more or less), without any transitions to different chord...

Carnalia Barcus
replies: 46 views: 1,502
top40 1 week ago

Carry On by Somasu | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Somasu
replies: 0 views: 353
Somasu 1 week ago

Hey everyone. I was wanting to get some opinions from folks on their preferred method of building a song from start to finish,...

Spectralgeth
replies: 0 views: 293
Spectralgeth 2 weeks ago

Hi all The most common issue I run into as a producer/co-writer is artists who settle for sub-par lyrics. Have you guys got...

uplift123
replies: 2 views: 378
theblue1 2 weeks ago

After studying for some time this issue(432Hz vs. 440Hz) I came to the conclusion that: 1. Most producers(99,9%) have no idea...

AndreiPiatra
replies: 461 views: 7,805
12ax7 3 weeks ago

Any recommendations? I know there is at least one in Gotland Sweden Gotland International Songwriters Retreat - Home |...

von spets
replies: 1 views: 348
RobinJacobsson 3 weeks ago

I pose this question respectfully to those who thoroughly know and enjoy his music. Any suggestions and specific song examples to...

eldon2975
replies: 149 views: 4,742
Bob Ross 3 weeks ago

Looking for a vocalist and topline writer to sing and write on produced tracks. Can work together on writing. Mostly work on pop...

mingojr
replies: 3 views: 812
fynyxnation 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I recently posted another article on Top40Theory--this time about Bebe Rexha's new single, "I'm a Mess", and...

top40
replies: 2 views: 434
top40 3 weeks ago

Probably not the right forum, but didn't see a better option... I play keys and sax in a cover band. Nothing serious, we...

Joeywhat
replies: 17 views: 542
Joeywhat 3 weeks ago

Hi Folks In the attached interview at around 10.45sec Arnthor Birgisson (who worked with Max Martin for 5 years) states words to...

Cinemascope
replies: 42 views: 9,186
Spectromatix 4 weeks ago

I know I shouldn’t be playing a bass through a guitar amp but I never bought the guitar. My question is about the sound of...

Barrabus
replies: 2 views: 380
Barrabus 4 weeks ago

Composers write music. Producers don’t write music. Producers major job duty is too supervise and oversee. Like a project...

Sagicorn35
replies: 11 views: 736
Sagicorn35 4 weeks ago
replies: 1 views: 378
Thevegasnerve 4 weeks ago

Hi all. Part of my effort to step outside of my songwriting comfort zone involves trying to learn songs that sound unconventional...

suburbanbeat
replies: 9 views: 579
Carnalia Barcus 4 weeks ago

Hey guys Please tell me what tips you would like to give to younger yourself. What kind of things would you do differently...

EvgenyStudio
replies: 31 views: 1,571
newguy1 4 weeks ago

I was listening to the Allman Brothers song Melissa, and what a beautiful bridge in that song. It takes you to the top of the...

Hold the Mayo
replies: 30 views: 914
Carnalia Barcus 4 weeks ago

There aren't that many labels anymore, especially for the hard rock / metal crowd. Frontiers music seems to have a monopoly on...

mr. torture
replies: 31 views: 1,172
Brent Hahn 16th June 2018

Good morning slutz! Question! Should a songwriter copyright their own song, before handing it to a producer to create an...

Sagicorn35
replies: 17 views: 590
Owen L T 14th June 2018

Hey there, Amateur musician here. I am trying to get more familiar with Pro tools with all of its plugins and trying to step...

Popnfrsh24
replies: 1 views: 419
Popnfrsh24 13th June 2018

I arrange/produce/mix music as a hobby in my humble garage studio, and I was wondering about the following, as I have been...

steady_eddy91
replies: 12 views: 716
psycho_monkey 12th June 2018
replies: 0 views: 399
Somasu 7th June 2018

Hello everybody! as in the years before, HOFA (from Karlsdorf, Germany) arranges a contest for songwriters, producers and...

HOFA
replies: 0 views: 325
HOFA 6th June 2018

Hi All. Just noodling around and these chords came out which I know I recognise but just can't name, can anyone enlighten me?...

stratblue
replies: 4 views: 536
Herr Weiss 4th June 2018

Check it out https://soundcloud.com/timbrogdon/unicorns-and-rainbows

zydeceltico
replies: 0 views: 367
zydeceltico 3rd June 2018

Assuming any of those things have specifics; for some of us it's all over the map :) But for example, I find one of my best...

bill5
replies: 7 views: 521
JohnS37 1st June 2018

Anyone doing both audio post (edit/sound design/mix) and music composing for podcasts care to elaborate on how they approach...

Timsplace
replies: 0 views: 393
Timsplace 1st June 2018

I just posted this new article on my new website/blog. The official sheet music says "One Kiss" is in F major but my...

top40
replies: 1 views: 524
Brent Hahn 27th May 2018

Hello fellow slutziez! I’m trying to sort out my brain at the moment and figured I would start this thread to help Bring...

kretzmonster
replies: 14 views: 711
newguy1 26th May 2018

Hi everyone! I recently launched a pop music theory website called Top40 Theory. One of my recent articles is about the lead...

top40
replies: 6 views: 820
top40 25th May 2018

More so a vent thread... I recently got into listening to Max Martin instrumentals, and they are literally in some superior far...

killsganti
replies: 53 views: 4,385
Owen L T 24th May 2018

Have you ever wondered why 80s pop music sounds so different from pop music made today? I show you why and I explain how you can...

Elkanah77
replies: 31 views: 2,222
lasso 24th May 2018

Dear fellow songwriters, We are having series of writing sessions for a major label this weekend and next week in LA and we...

PistolP
replies: 0 views: 391
PistolP 18th May 2018

I can imagine a melody okay, but harmony is very unclear and I have to really concentrate to imagine a seventh or 9th chord, or a...

artist202
replies: 2 views: 570
top40 16th May 2018

I need some drums to fill out demos for the people I record. I usually did this myself, but it was stressful since I'm not a...

goom
replies: 13 views: 690
brockorama 14th May 2018
replies: 2 views: 614
TheSeek 11th May 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search